Question on Base Construction (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

byron13 -> Question on Base Construction (5/16/2010 11:07:21 PM)

I've taken some time off but am getting back in.

First, what is the latest patch? I've got v. 1.03.1102a from February.

Second, what is the deal with building airfields or ports on a base that starts with a zero level? For example, you put a Seabee on an island with a zero airbase. In old WitP, you could build this up pretty quickly. In prior versions of AE, it took a painfully long time - typically one point per turn. So it would take 3 months to build a level one airfield on a perfectly flat island that would require little more than bulldozing brush. I thought this was "fixed" in Patch 3 along with the problem of not being able to supply certain islands. Started the game over, but the problem still seems to be there.

So what is the deal? Is it only certain islands where it takes forever to build up AFs? Or any island that starts with a zero? Once it is built up to 1, does the rate of building increase? I have plenty of supplies; if I put another ten Seabee battalions on the island, will it speed up? It doesn't seem right to me as it is now. It just doesn't take a Seabee battalion three months to build a dirt strip big enough to handle a squadron of fighters.

If this is the way it is supposed to work, I'll go back to my old game and give up on the one started under Patch 3.

Nomad -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/17/2010 12:45:07 AM)

First question, which base? What is its SPS?

topeverest -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/17/2010 12:46:19 AM)

Lvl 0 to 1 is perhaps 4-6 times harder if the SPS is 0. Going to 2 or 3 on a SPS 0 AF is not quite as hard, but harder than a 'normal' AF. SPS 1+ AF going from 0 -1 will be very easy.

byron13 -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/17/2010 1:55:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Interesting. The ones I'm really having trouble with are SPS 0. And, reading the rules, I see higher construction costs when building over the SPS. That would appear to be the answer. Thanks.

Bradley7735 -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/17/2010 2:41:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: byron13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Interesting. The ones I'm really having trouble with are SPS 0. And, reading the rules, I see higher construction costs when building over the SPS. That would appear to be the answer. Thanks.

There's a specific rule about building a level 1 airfield at a base where the SPS is 0. It's really hard to get the first level 1 af. I remember in WITP, I'd stack 5 or 6 see bee's and I'd see 1% increase each day. But, at the 10% mark, it would be completed. Level 2 and 3 go a bit faster, but still take a while.

I'm not sure the specific rules in AE. I haven't bothered to build an AF at a SPS 0 base.

byron13 -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/20/2010 9:47:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

I haven't bothered to build an AF at a SPS 0 base.

Not even Dutch Harbor?

topeverest -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/20/2010 1:23:02 PM)

DH is a bear to build to a 1, but I dont suppose it is any harder than any other SPS 0 AF. You can use Unmak island to the west for an easy airfield if desired.

USSAmerica -> RE: Question on Base Construction (5/20/2010 3:54:00 PM)

Winter months make it slower to build...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI