Stupid silly question for vets & experts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

gladiatt -> Stupid silly question for vets & experts (5/20/2010 10:20:35 AM)

question from a dumb newbie to vets and experts:

-according to allies reinforcements (LCU, naval, air units), and without thinking of strategic situation, or best planes (seems to make no difference for me) or else,

when should the tide turn for the allies ? end 1942 ? Mid 1943 ? Mid 1944 ?
is this automatic ? if the allies player play really badly, but that japanese player can't reach autovictory before something like mid1943, does the weight of allies power always get the upper hand ?

I know this question is probably difficult to answer simply, but if you could try ? (if someone want to answer, not sure)...

1275psi -> RE: Stupid silly question for vets & experts (5/20/2010 11:20:14 AM)

I have seen allies winning easily mid 43, and struggling early 44 -its really up to the games play, and how the players play.
Allies must inevitably win -just too much stuff -but a lot of japanese players are still very viable in 44.
heck -one guy -Honda -destroyed the allies in mid 44 -and forced the allied player to give up

tocaff -> RE: Stupid silly question for vets & experts (5/20/2010 12:50:47 PM)

Depending on how your game has gone by mid '43 the Allied strength should be getting to the point of causing the Japanese major problems.  If Allied loses were heavy to mid '43 then they are in the process of being made good.

By late '43 the Allies should be well on their way to being an unstoppable force,

By '44 the Japanese are a punching bag.

All of this supposes that the game following a somewhat historical line.  The Japanese can be a dominant for in '43 if they've had some luck and are handled well.  By '44 the Allies are getting to much that's to good and the Japanese can't match it.

I suppose that doesn't answer the question though.

Auto victory is tough to obtain for the Japanese because if the Allied player builds up his bases he can push the Japanese player into a situation of needing a large amount of points that without some big naval victories just shouldn't be available.  Hence the Sir Robin approach of force conservation has some valid points.

SirStoffel -> RE: Stupid silly question for vets & experts (5/13/2011 9:13:19 PM)

Hi together,
I play Japanese only and am now beginning 1944. I focus from the beginning to sunk all transport ships where ever I found them. Now in 1944 the US have mass of troups but not the ships to transport. just a few AK, nearly no AP and mass of LST and other small vessels, easy to sunk. So if the US are doing an invasion I have the chance to reject because of the low quantity of troops. Of cause if I fourd CV,BB or other combat ships I try to sunk with strong task forces.
On land combat I own Australia and New Zeeland, China, Burma and half India. Started Russia actual and focus forst on the supply towns. Without supply they sitting with massiv infanry in a trap. Tank divisions running up to Irkutsk and got it, block supply and reinforcement.
Same tactic in China, go with all I had to the main reinforce towns, and got them after long fight. After that chinese have no more reinforcements... just a questions of rounds to win there.
But I think the naval win is a question of the bad computer. He send CV allone and my strong TF waiting on stratic positions. This year will be hard because all sunk CV will replaced exept these wich I will sink in 1944... lets see
Christoph from Germany

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI