Editor support (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Mad Daddy -> Editor support (7/27/2002 1:33:21 AM)

Is there any future thoughts on supporting the editor?:confused:

Ross Moorhouse -> (7/27/2002 7:49:50 AM)

At this point in time no. Sorry. The developement guys are up to our necks working on WitP and also improving UV itself.

afenelon -> (7/29/2002 1:36:59 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ross Moorhouse
[B]At this point in time no. Sorry. The developement guys are up to our necks working on WitP and also improving UV itself. [/B][/QUOTE]

-Well, I think the Editor is quite good and allows for relatively
-good flexibility to create new scenarios. But I think it would
-be great to improve it, for instance, allowing the scenario
-creators edit the replacement rates for planes or the amount
-of supplies and fuel arriving Truk or Noumea. I also believe
-you are underestimating the editor effects in extending the
-game´s lifespan. For this particular game the editor is quite
-good, but WiTP will require more flexibility and better support
-for the editor.

Mad Daddy -> (7/29/2002 9:18:52 AM)

I like the editor as it is but it could be so much more powerful. The ability to edit planes, add planes, edit certain armaments, and allow new or even imaginary squadrons would, I believe, be fun.:D A problem that I notice is that new squadron leaders that are also listed in the pilots page do not show up as leaders. I'd like to see that fixed.

afenelon -> (7/30/2002 7:20:41 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad Daddy
[B]I like the editor as it is but it could be so much more powerful. The ability to edit planes, add planes, edit certain armaments, and allow new or even imaginary squadrons would, I believe, be fun.:D A problem that I notice is that new squadron leaders that are also listed in the pilots page do not show up as leaders. I'd like to see that fixed. [/B][/QUOTE]

-Is it impossible to edit new squadrons?? Deeply disappointing..
-are you sure???

Mad Daddy -> (7/30/2002 9:47:19 AM)

Hi afenelon

You can add new or hypothetical squadrons easily enough but if you assign the squadron a pilot leader, it won't show up as such. If you create a leader on the leaders page and then repeat with the same person on the pilot's page it won't show as the squadron commander.

If you attempt to edit any of the planes armament or try to add armaments, it won't take the data.

Ground units however seem to appear within the scenario as edited.

Hope this helps.

tanjman -> Pilots & Leaders (7/30/2002 6:52:25 PM)

Mad Daddy,

:) There is a missing editable field in the editor for pilots (according to an e-mail from Rich Dionne) that allows you to assign them as a leader and I was told its on the bug list with a low priority. Hopefully it will get fixed in the patch after the bug fix patch.

:) The work around I found until then: to insure you have a decent leader is to give the squadron moral >80 and this seems give you a leader with a better than average overall skill and inspiration.

:D I too would like to be able to edit aircraft replacement rates so that I could create a sceanrio simular to # 19 (whose increased rates are hard coded and will not carry over if copied). :D

:( The fact that UV has been out for over 2 months and not one new scenario (that I know of) has been submitted for use by other players should say something about the limitations of the editor. I feel that it would greatly prolong the life (and sales) of UV if there were a lot of user designed scenarios out there. I hope that WitP has a better/more flexable editor :(

Mad Daddy -> (7/30/2002 7:27:04 PM)

tanjman

Thanks for the info.:) I couldn't agree with you more completely. There would be a few user scenarios out by now, but the editor is somewhat limited in a few respects.

Thought I saw a post a few weeks ago that said someone was going to investigate whether the editor could be "edited".

Mad Daddy

afenelon -> (7/31/2002 5:31:00 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mad Daddy
[B]Hi afenelon

You can add new or hypothetical squadrons easily enough but if you assign the squadron a pilot leader, it won't show up as such. If you create a leader on the leaders page and then repeat with the same person on the pilot's page it won't show as the squadron commander.

-So is it possible to have squadrons withouth leaders?? What
-does it mean?

If you attempt to edit any of the planes armament or try to add armaments, it won't take the data.

-It seems a minor trouble to me. Hard coded replacement rates
-on the other side are a big trouble, beacuse newer planes, like
-the Ki67´s and P-51´s don´t have replacements. I´m thinking
-about creating special "replacement squadrons" to simulate
-this, but I don´t know if it will works. This feature limits
-strongly hypotetical 1944 scenarios (which could have happened
-if the Japanese had won Midway).

Ground units however seem to appear within the scenario as edited.

-Good!

Hope this helps. [/B][/QUOTE]

afenelon -> Re: Pilots & Leaders (7/31/2002 5:33:11 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanjman
[B]Mad Daddy,

:) There is a missing editable field in the editor for pilots (according to an e-mail from Rich Dionne) that allows you to assign them as a leader and I was told its on the bug list with a low priority. Hopefully it will get fixed in the patch after the bug fix patch.

-me too.....

:) The work around I found until then: to insure you have a decent leader is to give the squadron moral >80 and this seems give you a leader with a better than average overall skill and inspiration.

-good!

:D I too would like to be able to edit aircraft replacement rates so that I could create a sceanrio simular to # 19 (whose increased rates are hard coded and will not carry over if copied). :D

-Not to mention 0 replacement rates for all those Ki84´s

:( The fact that UV has been out for over 2 months and not one new scenario (that I know of) has been submitted for use by other players should say something about the limitations of the editor. I feel that it would greatly prolong the life (and sales) of UV if there were a lot of user designed scenarios out there. I hope that WitP has a better/more flexable editor :

-I hope they can understand this....

Finnegan -> Re: Pilots & Leaders (8/10/2002 5:56:31 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanjman
[B]Mad Daddy,

:D I too would like to be able to edit aircraft replacement rates so that I could create a sceanrio simular to # 19 (whose increased rates are hard coded and will not carry over if copied). :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Hello tanjman. I edited 19 quite a bit and was pretty disappointed when the increased A/c production didn't copy over. I just finished saving the original 19 files and renamed the scenario that I had edited to replace it. The increased A/c production seems to be hard coded to the #19 slot. I have only played one turn to check it out, but so far so good. All of the changes and the increased production were there.

Point Luck -> (8/10/2002 6:37:20 AM)

[I]The fact that UV has been out for over 2 months and not one new scenario (that I know of) has been submitted for use by other players should say something about the limitations of the editor.[/I]

I have been working with the editor for some time now. I agree that there are some limitations with respect to aircraft and pilot replacements. However I’m currently play testing an edited scenario that I set up as a training game for rookies. In this scenario I have modified the total amount of ship allocation points, the supply allotment for many of the bases, the aviation support points for base support units, the arrival dates of all replacements and all reinforcements. In addition have added some additional ships to the database. To date the game is being played as a PBEM with every thing performing as designed. The total ship allocation within the first 50 turns is in excess of 200 ships each side. In fact IJN has all carriers and BB’s currently deployed. The available aircraft deployed at this time is more than current air base capabilities. I have found that adding additional ships is permitted providing that you copy an existing class of ship with matching armament and rename the new ship.

Ross Moorhouse -> (8/10/2002 10:38:29 AM)

There is at least one custom battle hosted at Spooky's UV site. To get there go to our "Links" page here at Matrix and go to "Fan Sites" Follow the link from there. You will also fing some really great graphics mods there too for UV.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI