3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

MajFrankBurns -> 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/26/2010 11:02:41 PM)

http://www.arena.net/blog/design-director-james-phinney-on-the-recent-account-bans

They used a unique way of banning them also. They had a boss npc goto various zones and kill them Dhruum I believe it was and it also terminated their accounts. Players that were there to see it were in awe of the slayings in main cities of the game.

Greybriar -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/27/2010 1:18:08 AM)

I would have reinstalled Guild Wars to have seen that happen. Too bad something similar hasn't happened in World of Warcraft.

knilli -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/27/2010 3:40:48 AM)

after having serious problems with their support, i stopped playing guild wars. though, i liked it very much!

MajFrankBurns -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/27/2010 3:48:15 AM)

I would like to just have been a fly on the wall in all those houses when they got banned. I would have fly squealed at them. [:'(] But, the forums are the next best place because many of them are crying and claiming innocense of course. lol

ilovestrategy -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/27/2010 6:14:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

I would like to just have been a fly on the wall in all those houses when they got banned. I would have fly squealed at them. [:'(] But, the forums are the next best place because many of them are crying and claiming innocense of course. lol

AMEN!!!!!! [&o][&o][&o][:D][:D][:D]

Jeffrey H. -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/27/2010 7:03:34 PM)

Pretty aggressive move and a refreshing one for a change. Often the MMO's are completely ruined by this sort of behaviour. Unfortunately, it's a constant problem of the mouse trying to find the cheese. It will find it.

SireChaos -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/29/2010 11:55:41 PM)

Botters? [&:][&:][&:]

wodin -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 12:07:48 AM)

Botters...sounds desturbing whatever it entails...

Chris Bisson -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 12:28:13 PM)

I don't know what a "botter" is either....[8|]

Chris Bisson -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 12:31:34 PM)

The only MMO game I've tied so far is Star Trek online. I got bored with it within a week and a half and never went back... Not much experience with MMO games here I am afraid.[;)]

hadberz -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 3:33:09 PM)

Botter = program that plays the game, no human required [:)]

Phatguy -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 4:44:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

Stupid reason to play an MMO if you are gonna bot....takes all the fun out of it

hadberz -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/30/2010 6:39:11 PM)

True, but these guys do it for the money i.e they sell the game currency for real life cash.

Jeffrey H. -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/31/2010 4:27:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

quote:

ORIGINAL: hadberz

Stupid reason to play an MMO if you are gonna bot....takes all the fun out of it

They level up with bots, or pay botters to level up for them, then the spend their time and not their money playing at a higher level than others do. People tend to want to be at the higher levels and not spend the time normally required to get there.

MajFrankBurns -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (5/31/2010 10:53:00 AM)

If they didn't make it so easy to solo and would eliminate all those gimmick solo builds there wouldn't be as many botters. I can see why they do it as you can setup your bot goto school and be rich when you get home. But, for now the QQing is really much fun to read as you should see all the cries of the socalled innocent and I was only curious stuff. Of course the class action law suits and all the other bunk.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (6/1/2010 5:00:46 PM)

From the link;
quote:

If you have any doubts about whether or not something is allowed by the User Agreement, don’t do it. Don’t take that risk. Account termination means losing not only everything you’ve built up in Guild Wars, but losing the ability to have those accomplishments recognized in Guild Wars 2. Let me give you a real example from today. Here’s an actual account we just terminated: 2,469 hours, 38 titles, 913 plat, 268 ecto, Eternal Legendary Vanquisher monument, Mini Gwen, Chaos Gloves, Mallyx’s Strife, The Holy Avenger, etc., etc. It’s all gone now. Forever. You will not want that to happen to your account.

This dude must be hating life right about now! [:D]

SlickWilhelm -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (6/1/2010 6:17:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SLAAKMAN

This dude must be hating life right about now! [:D]

Looks to me like that dude doesn't have a life to hate! [;)]

dusty832 -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (6/1/2010 6:28:11 PM)

Now only if this could be done to WoW.

SLAAKMAN -> RE: 3700 botters banned in Guild Wars today! (6/1/2010 9:24:06 PM)

quote:

Now only if this could be done to WoW.

A friend of mine used to do tech support for Everquest. He tells me that their company along with Blizzard (WoW, Starcraft, Diablo) generally ALLOW the hackers/cheaters to simply take over their older sites simply because they only support their latest version-du-jour. I dont even bother reporting cheaters anymore since Blizzard would sooner shut the site down than bother countering hacks ( I really loathe that damned drop-hack). [:@]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI