WaW Revised 6T (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Opponents Wanted

ehzorg -> WaW Revised 6T (5/27/2010 5:48:29 PM)

I'd like to start up a game of the WaW Revised (newest version, 6T) scenario.

edit: now using WaW Revised version U2

Would prefer to play Allies myself, but could easily be convinced into taking other sides if someone else feels strongly about it. Willing to play a two player game, or 4 player if there's enough interest.

I can reasonably commit to one turn every 1-2 days on average.

edit: current game full, players as follows:

Allies - ehzorg
Germany - rjh1971
SovietUnion/China - 82ndtrooper
Japan - Casus_Belli

Not expecting to do a detailed AAR for this game (too much time commitment!)

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/27/2010 6:38:25 PM)

I will play with yah

I would like a chance to do Russia again because  in my test game with Explorer2 I am getting totaly destroyed.

lets see if we can get a couple more for axis.

this would be a great game for some more new folks to take the leap and join in.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/28/2010 2:13:56 PM)

bump

if we dont get any more players today  I will take axis and we can play.

ehzorg -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 3:14:45 AM)

If we end up doing a 2-player game and you'd like to play SU, I can take Axis. I wanted to play allies to get some more experience with naval units - but Japan has plenty of those too.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 4:24:23 AM)

ok sounds good to me

ill play west. axis starts so when your ready make a turn and mail it to me check your pm's for my email.

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 4:34:42 AM)

See next post.

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 6:31:24 AM)

Just finished version U1.
Here's the changes:

Removed GE Pressures Axis Action Card (Event 4, lines 62, 64)
. . . . . This card made it far too easy to conquer Balkans & to launch too quick attack on SU southern front
Fixed typo error for increased number of trains starting in Stavka. Now extra 7 trains from original.
Add Fortifications outside Omsk
Created starting SU HQs in Sevastopol and Stalingrad.
Lowered GE starting PP by 50, added 30 to SU starting PP
Restored SU starting staff to pre-T levels, added extra 10 staff, 5 extra horses to Stavka.
Restored SU winter supply bonus (Event 108, line 12, Event 53, line 14)
Restored SU auto wakes up January 1941 Event 63, line 55)
Restored SU winter partisan level (Event 112, line 36)
Added 15 % production bonus for Omsk (Event 48)

Increased coastal defenses of USA cities (helpful to defend vs. subs when new ships are built)

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 6:51:16 AM)

ok those look like good changes.  a little help for the SU but not too much.

15% added production for omsk rather than a new production center is good also. That way its not a huge production increase but russia gets good units to help hold on.
the new staff and HQ is a bigger help than it looks I like that Idea explorer, it should do whats needed.

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 9:25:24 AM)

I'd be glad to take Germany, but you'll have to bear with me not being as expert as you [;)]
Tell me when you're ready to start and what options to select.
Email: rjh1971 at gmail dot com

Rafael

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 10:28:30 AM)

Are these options Ok once we start?
I have downloaded and installed version U1.

[image]local://upfiles/19055/A8F829F112474862A9D68A380E9BFE34.jpg[/image]

explorer2 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 3:43:15 PM)

Version U2 now available.
One change only.
Decreased Flak Immobile Combat vs. Air by 20% (hit points unaltered).

Note: First time I uploaded it (7:45 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time 5/30/2010) there was an error in it (event 132 no end check). Fixed and re-uploaded at 8:15 a.m. If you get an error message when you load the game, you're using the incorrect version.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 5:16:58 PM)

rjh1971
those options are fine , but being this is your first game with japan and you wanted to work on using the navy I would suggest selecting accelerate ship production also.

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 9:36:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

rjh1971
those options are fine , but being this is your first game with japan and you wanted to work on using the navy I would suggest selecting accelerate ship production also.

I wanted to play with Germany if that's ok, I didn't see anyone taking that side.
I can select that option nonetheless if we don't find any experienced player for Japan, since I would be playing Japan for the first time.
Bty I have v1.22 installed since I don't have Vista nor Win7, don't hink there should be any problems with this but if I have to upgrade let me know.

@ Explorer2
Downloaded version U2, but it is still labeled as U1.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 9:52:35 PM)

oh hey rjh1971  you take germany thats fine. haha i posted that when i just woke up this morning and thought your post was from ehzorg haha

I did want to play the SU ehzorg wanted to play the west and you with axis leaves us this

ehzorg-west
82ndtrooper -SU and China
rjh1971-germany
japan- ?

japan still open or will you be willing to play both ?

and yes do the accelerated ship production option, that way both of you can experiment with your navy and replace losses faster. (if you take japan also)

ill pm you both with my email

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 10:59:58 PM)

I'd rather not take Japan, but if nobody does I can take it.
Fyi by the end of june to mid july I won't be able to play, holidays and the beach await for me and my family, could even be 4 weeks.
I'll send some guys I know an invitation to join this game let's see if they want to get involved.

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/30/2010 11:44:02 PM)

ok sounds good

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/31/2010 10:08:52 AM)

british exil said he might join this game.
I pm and told him to sign in, in this thread.

ehzorg -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/31/2010 4:32:33 PM)

Options look good to me. I've never played with Rising Production turned on, but it seems to favor the Allies/SU more anyway - so it looks like a bonus for me as West.

Looking forward to it, hope we can get a decent game in before Rafael has to take leave of absence. I sent my email in a PM to you guys. Good luck to all :)

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (5/31/2010 10:15:30 PM)

First turn sent, all options selected above plus accelerated ship production.
Remember screenshots are on, and on the first turn it has generated 2 files almost 10 Mb each, so you may want to delete them after a few turns or directly.

Good luck all.

ehzorg -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 1:53:12 AM)

Sent back to rjh for 2nd GE turn.

Sept '39: In Poland Lodz hangs on, but everything else around it up in smoke. Luftwaffe makes a strong showing over Warsaw, crippling Polish artillery & erasing Polish AF. Leading elements of the Wehrmacht make probing attacks into Warsaw but are repulsed... for now.

Still looking for someone to play Japan, speak up if you're interested.

Casus_Belli -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 1:03:53 PM)

Hi Guys,
I'm interested in Japan, if it's the right scenario. I've been playing Japan in WaW_Revised_1S_Beta
Is the one you're playing a later version of it, or a different one altogether?

ehzorg -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 1:50:39 PM)

Yes, that's the scenario, although we're using version U2 now. All game options are set as mentioned in post #9 by rjh - except for that we ARE using "Accelerate Ship Production", which should be a benefit to Japan. I will mark you down as the player for Japan and send a private message with my email, please respond with yours.

Thanks! And good (but not too good!) luck :)

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 4:06:23 PM)

Casus is the very first person I played a PBEM game against :)

this is the very latest version casus in it Japan has a extra production center to help them a little.

I know explorer is hoping he has this close to being balanced now, so test Japan out and give us your thoughts.

british exil -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 6:21:10 PM)

rjh sent me a pm if I was interested in joining the game, looks like I was too slow.

maybe next time??

Mat

rjh1971 -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/1/2010 9:41:09 PM)

I'm afraid you got here too late, Mat. Sure there will be a next time [:)]

Casus_Belli -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/2/2010 5:49:04 AM)

Sorry Mat, I didn't mean to muscle in on your game: if you want, you can have it, since you were invited. As for balance, I'm getting pretty much hammered in the game I'm in. I'd like to be able to blame the scenario for this, but unfortunately I have to accept some responsibility for my piecemeal strategy. I'm hoping to do better this time.

82nd you were one of my very early pbem games, too. I can't remember who won, but I know who's going to win this one! [8D] [sm=00000003.gif]

british exil -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/2/2010 8:09:00 PM)

@ Casus_Belli np mate. I've just started a new job which meant moving flat and all involved. So I am quite busy not to mention really tired in the evening. My day starts 3 hrs earlier than before, but I will have time to play in the future. Have fun playing Japan, not the easiest countries to play. Although I don't have so much experience with Japan.

@ rjh1971 who comes first gets served first. Never mind I still remember our PBEM where you kicked my a** (family site. So I'm quite happy not having you as another opponant.

Have fun guys and keep us informed how the game is going.

Mat

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/6/2010 3:45:58 AM)

how are the turns coming ?

ehzorg -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/6/2010 6:30:46 PM)

Waiting on rjh, he has the last turn still. I think he had to go out of town for a few days. I expect it back "soon".

82ndtrooper -> RE: WaW Revised 6T (6/6/2010 9:17:09 PM)

ahh cool bro.

just wondering. I have 4 games going and havent had a turn in days haha. it makes me crave my AT.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI