engineering priorities (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Moss Orleni -> engineering priorities (6/3/2010 3:12:03 PM)

By default, engineers work on airfield, port or fortification level expansion (or any combination of those).
Once a base gets damaged however, engineers automatically start repairing and continue to do so until all damage levels reach zero again.

Is there any way to force your engineers to work on base expansion before performing repairs, or more generally, to switch between base expansion and repairing?

Cheers,

Moss

Charbroiled -> RE: engineering priorities (6/3/2010 3:52:58 PM)

Nope.  The Enginners are fixated on repairing ports and airfield (even if they aren't in use) before expanding bases. 

LoBaron -> RE: engineering priorities (6/3/2010 3:55:34 PM)

As Charbroiled said.
A nice addition for the attacker if he wants to keep the fort levels down and kill some supplies in the process.
AF/Port attacks can really hurt.

Moss Orleni -> RE: engineering priorities (6/3/2010 4:41:23 PM)

Yep, valid tactic indeed. Also useful for a defender to prevent an early buildup on recently lost bases.

Shame though that the PELU (Pacific Engineer Labor Union) negotiators were able to secure such rigid working schedules.
Come on guys, a little flexibility here? There's a war going on, you know...

Cheers,

Moss

topeverest -> RE: engineering priorities (6/3/2010 6:27:54 PM)

It hurts when you want to dig in and dont care about the base size - but it is what it is. That is one of my top ten nice-to-haves (to detach forts from base construction). In any event, both sides are effected equally so it is a level playing field.

And I wholeheartedly agree...Repeated bombing of Singapore, Bataan, and Manila (or whereever they make their stand in PI) are strongly reccommended for the Empire at start. The allies will never build a meaningful fort and be taken much easier.

The Gnome -> RE: engineering priorities (6/3/2010 9:44:44 PM)

I could see damage even helping to fortify a position. Monte Cassino is a classic example of that. The Abbey was turned into a ruin by the allied bombing and made an ideal defensive position.

On the other hand, I can see being unable to expand a base until the damage is cleaned up.

That gets me on fortifications in general, up to a certain point, anyone should be able to build them, with engineers speeding the process. After a certain point (3/4 maybe?) I can see engineers being required.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI