Please don't copy EU (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Didz -> Please don't copy EU (7/29/2002 11:18:10 PM)

Not sure what format the movement in this game is likely to take but I would like to make a serious plea to anyone listening that it avoids copying the the terrible system used by EU with the stupid little arrows that gradually fill up before your units make a mega leap. It ruined what would otherwise have been a half decent game and seemed to be nothing more than a half-arsed attempt to add some pointless animation.

My personal preference would be for turn based movement using a road network as the key similar to 1812 but without the gimmicky real-time movement system or something similar to Frank Hunters ACW system.

Alternatively turn based movement based of provinces would be acceptable similar to STW.

The trouble with any form of real-time system is that it prevents PBEM play which is the life blood of Napoleonic Wargaming.

rodo benzo -> (9/3/2002 8:16:56 PM)

please no real time !!! real time is not compatible with strategic scale ! at strategic level, there is no time pressure.

So what news about this development ? is it going on ?

Le Tondu -> (9/4/2002 12:09:07 AM)

Hey Didz and rodo benzo,

I seem to remember reading somewhere that we [B]will[/B] be able to play NW by way of PBEM. I guess that we'll just have to wait for the designers to answer?

I have also seen (in a different thread) that "they" will announce some real information about NW for us to drool over. "They" used the word "soon" and that at was quite some time ago. :(

Here is to hoping that "they" won't take much longer.
Rick :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI