British 5th Division (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

agm -> British 5th Division (6/13/2010 12:55:44 AM)

May 31, 1942. I am trying to load the British 5th Division at Mombasa. I create a Transport TF, but when I ask to load troops, the 5th Division does not appear as an option. there are, in fact, no options to load anything. I have tried it with the division in both strategic move and regular move mode. It is attached to India Command with no possibility of changing, which I wouldn't do anyway as I want to move it to India. Why aren't I being given the option to load it?

AGM

bigred -> RE: British 5th Division (6/13/2010 1:09:33 AM)

Any ground unit in india command is restricted. So none of those units would be able to load for sea trans. But if u can cange the command of the div to eastern command or a corp command of the eastern army then maybe it will sail.

Another option is to move a eastern army corp HQ to india command then transfer the 5th div to that Corp.

What senario are u playing. I dont remember the 5th UK div in my senario#2.

agm -> RE: British 5th Division (6/13/2010 4:50:37 AM)

It's scenario 1. Unfortunately, your tip didn't work. I changed the Indian XV Corps to India Command, but the division still wasn't listed for loading.

AGM

Sardaukar -> RE: British 5th Division (6/13/2010 1:03:53 PM)

If I recall right, 5th UK Div is only released to India as part of extra reinforcement if Japan triggers this by advancing very far in India. Otherwise 5th cannot be transported out from Mombasa. Andy Mac explained this quite a while ago when I asked about it. 

Historically, unit never operated in India/Burma, but participated in capture of Madagascar.

hbrsvl -> RE: British 5th Division (6/14/2010 1:42:14 PM)

Hi-For what it's worth, I have the 5th Div. on board ship heading to Madras. It's early 8/42, scen. 9, v1102aa.

I did have to spend PP to change commands' to S.E. Asia Command.

Good warring. Hugh Browne

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI