RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.5 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Igard -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.5 (4/2/2012 10:06:34 PM)

Yeah I've heard that TJ. It was quite good for post season 3.

All the music I've compiled for the mod is from the first 3 seasons of TNG. It's all by Ron Jones, who was let go by the producers when they wanted him to create more background ambient music. From what I understand, he refused and was subsiquently fired. Dennis McArthy, his replacement did some fine work, but I and many other Trek fans, felt that Jones was the best man for the job. He now does the music for Family Guy.

I'm not sure if I'll add more music from other composers. I like the music to flow and it can be kind of jarring to put 2 different styles that don't compliment one another. Of course, it's very easy to add your own music.

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.5 (4/3/2012 12:09:26 AM)

And no need to change it; just shooting the breeze and suggesting a couple of things... [:)]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] TRSE Star Trek Mod v1.5 (4/3/2012 3:44:40 AM)

The 'Force' doesn't work on Romulans TJ! [:'(]

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 3:50:20 AM)

Please keep the suggestions and ideas coming guys. I know I can be stubborn and set in my ways, but it's always fun to discuss.

TJ, is there any track from Yesterday's Enterprise you'd like me to put in the mod?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 3:52:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

TJ, is there any track from Yesterday's Enterprise you'd like me to put in the mod?

{Wow.....must have received a secret shipment of 'Corellian Ale'!} [sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 4:10:55 AM)

It was mostly just to talk about ST Music...
I thought it was a neat set of tracks

But thanks for asking. :)

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 11:13:38 AM)

Corellian Ale? It's worse than Blood Wine! [:'(]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 5:54:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard
Corellian Ale? It's worse than Blood Wine! [:'(]

Romulan Ale is not exactly tasty... here on Coruscant, they call Romulan Ale 'Midnight at the OutHouse.' [:D][sm=00000289.gif][sm=00000280.gif][;)][:'(]

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/3/2012 10:38:55 PM)

LOL, good one TJ.[:D]

That's because they're all high on death sticks on Coruscant.

I know weak comeback. All I could come up with.[8D]

AminMaalouf -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/8/2012 8:37:42 AM)

Does the new mod version run stable? [:)]

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/8/2012 5:08:46 PM)

Hi Amin,

Haven't done extensive testing yet, but I haven't encountered any ABENDS or anything. Problems are just with balance and mainly victory conditions, I can't seem to get those right.

Only got a small amount of work to do now on Romulan characters. Then I'll do a couple of playthroughs and if all goes well I'll get this mod out.

Sorry for taking this long again. I couldn't keep to my schedule of last weekend. Just got too many other things to do as well as the model contest starting.

We are very very close now.

Iain. [:)]

AminMaalouf -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/8/2012 6:18:53 PM)

Cool. Thx for reporting.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/8/2012 6:43:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AminMaalouf

Does the new mod version run stable? [:)]

Hello AminMaalouf;

So far, from the run-throughs I've done for Igard, the mod is running very stable.
As he has stated, it's going to take a bit to get the races' play balance very
close to canon, but otherwise the mod is great. We just have to be a bit more
patient to allow Igard to put in his finishing touches to make the Picard Era
mod exactly as he wants it. It will be worth the wait!

AminMaalouf -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/8/2012 10:17:03 PM)

Hi ehsumrell1,

for the time being, BSG uploaded. [:)]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/9/2012 12:54:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AminMaalouf

Hi ehsumrell1,

for the time being, BSG uploaded. [:)]

Yeah, Haree78 did a fantastic job with his BSG mod.

tjhkkr -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/9/2012 3:19:44 PM)

Was there a BSG DW/Legends update?

AminMaalouf -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/9/2012 3:53:08 PM)

It runs under Legends.

Whether Haree78 has specified the files for the addon, I do not remember but I would think so, otherwise wouldn't there conflicts to be expected?

Tophat1815 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/11/2012 6:51:27 AM)

How are we doing Igard? [;)]

Data -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/11/2012 3:19:29 PM)

LOL, such an innocent question....btw, I second the meaning behind it [:D]

Tophat1815 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/11/2012 8:27:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Data

LOL, such an innocent question....btw, I second the meaning behind it [:D]

He loves when i wink,wink and nudge him! Get your minds out of the gutter and drink more romulan ale![:'(]

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 2:40:08 AM)

LOL!

I was working on finishing the Romulan characters tonight, but ran out of steam. Sorry guys, but when I find my attention wandering it's usually best to leave for another day.

I have discovered a problem with some of the games buttons. I think this might be related to me changing some of the game's image files, but I can't seem to locate what's causing it.

Some of the buttons now look like this :-

[image]local://upfiles/34469/F3AD2CF6D14245C785B2D93CF6040EEE.jpg[/image]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 5:27:53 AM)

PM me a list of the files you doctored Igard. Maybe I'll see the issue. [8D]

tjhkkr -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 3:11:06 PM)

There is another way to do it... Gradually bring in a certain number of files at a time, and crank the game up. That may be slow and laborious but you will find the offending file.

Winejug87 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 6:52:48 PM)

Hey Igard,

the problem isnt in the image files, the problem lies in displacing one of the lines in Gametext.txt

I had a similar problem occur trying to use the real resource mod.

ps. Allow me to introduce myself since its my first post. First time poster, but been following the forums for about 3 weeks now. Great work btw!

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 9:20:46 PM)

Ah, thank you Winejug! Welcome to the forums.[:)]

I'll check that out.[:)]

Winejug87 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/12/2012 9:49:26 PM)

btw, I didnt give you enough credit earlier. I think a total conversion of all the art and assets to a star trek themed mod is a great idea. I dont think there's been a game MORE suited to a star trek mod than Distant Worlds. So often space games only revolve around fighting and winning, and really, star trek isn't about that, ya know? There's so much more to it, like diplomacy (well, maybe not janeway), exploration (okay, janeway had that), and intrigue (go romulans). Distant Worlds manages many of those functions better than most 4x's IMO.

Now if only we could figure out someway to get into the game and fiddle with the code. Give the Borg a more realistic feel with tuned AI settings (instead of them just being another empire), set up diplomacy so that empires could merge into *gasp* federations, get some asymmetric warfare going. That'd be awesome.

Seriously, cant wait for this to show up on Legends!

Tophat1815 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/13/2012 1:06:57 PM)

Time for me to chime in with encouragement again.........................[sm=character0272.gif]

In the home stretch now..........finish line is in sight.

Igard -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/13/2012 1:46:18 PM)

@Winejug. Thanks mate! I couldn't agree more with you. And you were right about the gametext file. Looks like I deleted a line by mistake!

@Tophat, I going for it!!!! Gonna try and finish tonight. I only need to write characters for Romulan Admirals, Generals, Spies and Scientists. That's it. The victory conditions are a bit of a mess, but I'll work on those in another release.

Thanks for your patience. It's coming!!!

Tophat1815 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/13/2012 9:30:58 PM)

Sounds darn good to me!!!! Have to look up how to take screen-shots again. Muhahahaha [;)]

What version of the game will this mod be compatible with? By this i mean which Legends update?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [Coming Soon] Star Trek - The Picard Era (4/14/2012 2:54:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

What version of the game will this mod be compatible with? By this i mean which Legends update?

Hello Tophat;

I've been testing for Igard using the Legends version through the current 1.7.0.13 with no
issues except as he's stated concerning races' victory conditions and play balance (which
needs some tweaking). I'm sure though Igard will either get to it himself or possibly even
have me research it further as I'm able. Also remember, his first release version is canon to
Star Trek and doesn't include the Shakturi.

If you didn't remember, the keypad '0' takes the screenshots. [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI