A little graphic mod (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Mods and Scenarios

vonbert -> A little graphic mod (6/24/2010 1:12:28 PM)

CROWN OF GLORY EMPEROR EDITION - graphic mod

This is a little graphic mod for the game from WCS , CROWN OF GLORY EMPEROR EDITION.
In mainly try to fit some interface elements and screen to my personal taste.
It dont change game logic anyhow.
So.. there you'll find:

- a whole new set of colourful resources icons (what ?)
- a new national-economy screen.. (wow ! )
- a different flag for piedmont-savoy.. (uh oh ! )
- a new apperance for all province developments (lighter can build upgrade, darker you cant.. plus images and a different level-count system! yeapp ! yeapp ! yeapp !!! )

This whole thing is designed to make some data more clear, and eye-catching.. hope you like it, have fun!
let me know :)

NEW october 2010 !!!!
Check out down the posts list (at october 5 , 2010 ) and you'll find also 2 other new modded backgrounds: developments and diplomatic relations ! )

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/27/2010 5:12:24 PM)

a preview of some of the modified elements:

[image]local://upfiles/29247/84E75CAF65A14197BB3B6FE22C427628.jpg[/image]

EisenHammer -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/27/2010 6:16:33 PM)

Nice.[:)]

06 Maestro -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/28/2010 7:52:35 AM)

Looks great! I will trying this soon.

I wonder if any graphics changes could cause problems with merging files for PBEM games?

morganbj -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/28/2010 2:45:16 PM)

Uh, the bag for taxes is too small.

Just kidding. Looks good.

06 Maestro -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/28/2010 4:53:30 PM)

I installed it-every looks very good. However, the Provence development level will take some getting used to. Apparently one dot in this mode equals two in vanilla-not sure that will work for me.

The icons are much more clear-a nice improvement.

06 Maestro -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/29/2010 2:44:48 AM)

I noticed that the development level can be counted in 1/2 dots also. This does make it workable for me

Thanks for the work.

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (6/29/2010 8:56:33 PM)

YES , for the development level in a province i tried something different, there are 5 balls, and each count for 2 actual game-level.. so you shell count look-for 1/2 ball too..
5 full green balls will count as a level of 10, 4 ball will count as 8.. and so on.. :)

can seem to be complicated at first but when you shell count from 0-10 with just 32 pixel available is not easy to find a good solution.. [;)]
so.. i thoughts that 5 balls are easier to look at and count then 10 small boxes..
my aim was mainly to have an easy way to compare level of development, and i think the best way is to arrange this in vertical bar.. not horizontal ( and in 2 row as in the original )..
so the higher the green ball are.. higher is the development level..
to have a precise count, it is still possible to use the on-mouse-over tooltip that will show the "next level" properties..or get used to divide/multiply by two..

@06maestro : nahh.. i dont think this will corrupt in any way a PBEM game.. not at all..the files are just backgrounds on your local machine and will not interfere with the game-logic :)
@bjmorgan : "Uh, the bag for taxes is too small." .. yeashhh.. you are allright .. living in italia this days the taxes bag shell be bigger and bigger any month/year on !

for development level i tried another solution too,
also vertical but with 10 small colored rectangles.. in the end i dunno if it is easier to count this or the 5 balls.. i preferred the 5 balls , but if with a "democratic" poll people prefer the rectangles i will prepare that too when i have time :)
or we can find another solution together, as i think i will play this game for long time, whern i got time to play :)

anyway.. thank you very much for trying this little mod guys ! any suggestion on what to modify next ? :)

(PS i'm playing a local game with Spain.. why i cant trade horses ? i get plenty of them but cannot sell it.. is there some hidden rules i dont know ? )

i post here an example of the other develop-level solution :
[image]local://upfiles/29247/8BFCEC93C7094B0A98C4C33F958BC599.jpg[/image]

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/5/2010 8:26:12 AM)

DEVELOPMENT and INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS screens

( October 2010 )

added 2 new modified screens ! :)
Hope someone will like it !

Kingmaker -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/5/2010 9:49:10 AM)

HiHi

Very nice work, well done, loved the little heart for NM [:)]

Sorry I ain't a techno but are you absolutely sure that the even as background your Mod wont affect PBEM ?

(PS i'm playing a local game with Spain.. why i cant trade horses ? i get plenty of them but cannot sell it.. is there some hidden rules i dont know ? )

No you ain't missed anything re Spains horses (it also applies to Spice and other stuff for different Nations) the issue has been raised re Bugs/improvements along with minor nations restocking their resourses, hopefully it is being addressed in the next Patch.

PS just in case a VOGON space fleets pass nearby..;) may be an idea to notify the Drazi inflight caterers as well coz they dont give "a Wet slap" about the Vogons [:D]

All the Best
Peter

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/8/2010 11:16:57 PM)

Hi Kingmaker

thanks,

btw, this mod DONT affect the game logic anyhow,
it merely makes some substitutions to the original backgrounds/icons [:)]
(with 99,9% of confidence )

Drazi? let me take my hitchikers guide right now cause i forgot who they were ! [X(] [8|]

[:D]

Kingmaker -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/9/2010 10:32:43 PM)

HiHi

Drazzi were the inflight caterers who actually let Ford & Aurther onboard the Vogan ship.

All the Best
Peter

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/10/2010 12:03:01 AM)

The International relations screen

[image]local://upfiles/29247/9010E818AC8845BC897F7959198B5561.jpg[/image]

vonbert -> RE: A little graphic mod (10/10/2010 2:09:44 PM)

the development screen

[image]local://upfiles/29247/83132179E73945728226492DCD2D3A27.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI