New HCE scenario "F35Bs for Australia" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Mods and Scenarios

donaldseadog -> New HCE scenario "F35Bs for Australia" (6/25/2010 3:16:47 PM)

A modification of a previous scenario of mine to play with F35Bs on Australia's proposed LHD - "HMAS Canberra". There are some F35As you can ferry up from East Sale to Darwin for comparison.
Use WESTPAC battleset and standard database HCDB 100308 or later.
Thanks to Skyhawk1 for the idea.
Don Thomas

hermanhum -> Harpoon (6/26/2010 4:55:00 AM)

I gave this one a quick try.  I remember playing the original, too.

I was suprised to see Yak-141s challenging me over Indonesian waters.  Hope that it was intentional.  [:)]

Just ferrying the fighters up to N. Australia was a exercise that showed me just how far apart everything is.  Once they got there, they were quickly able to pick up a group of hostile ships.  A few long-ranged mission with the F-35s and Orions put them out of their misery.  Nicely placed so that they were at the very edge of my F-25 strike range.

The Wedgetail then picked up some HY-2 SSM batteries on Sulawesi.  A return visit by the F-35s killed the SAM coverage and I sent the Marines in.  Once the site was smashed, victory was granted.  I didn't have to sail far for it.  Thanks for putting the scenario together.  [:)]

donaldseadog -> RE: Harpoon (6/27/2010 11:37:02 AM)

Looks like I made it a bit too easy, here's a remake with better blue victory conditions (and some extra surprises)[8D]
Don

hermanhum -> Harpoon (6/29/2010 9:13:04 PM)

The variant seems to work well, too.  I had to shoot my way through to Changi to get victory this time.

Thanks for making it up. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI