suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Moss Orleni -> suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/1/2010 10:51:59 AM)

I thought that after what he did in 'Friday the 13th', they would have put him away for good. But apparently, the Dutch Navy is desperately short of ship commanders; I wonder though how he made it through the selection process without anybody noticing?

Might be deliberate policy as well of course; after all, which sane Japanese commander would even think of picking a fight with him? Who knows, if he keeps sweeping mines, he might even make it to fleet rank some day...

Cheers,

Moss

[image]local://upfiles/30414/84753947A57C4A89A076C825EF026C85.jpg[/image]

EUBanana -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/1/2010 10:53:23 AM)

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Misconduct -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/1/2010 1:37:36 PM)

I don't think the Moral is going to be very good on that AMc. 

The Gnome -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/1/2010 2:36:24 PM)

"I'll head down to the hold myself to check it out"

"Are you sure you should go alone?"

"Yeah I'll be fine..."

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/1/2010 10:04:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

I thought that after what he did in 'Friday the 13th', they would have put him away for good. But apparently, the Dutch Navy is desperately short of ship commanders; I wonder though how he made it through the selection process without anybody noticing?

[image]local://upfiles/30414/84753947A57C4A89A076C825EF026C85.jpg[/image]

Mayby had he receive this commision because he is a personal friend of the Flying Dutchmen.[:D][:D]

CaptBeefheart -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/2/2010 6:55:10 AM)

Nice find. Has anyone found an F. Krueger out there?

HMS Resolution -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/2/2010 9:44:33 PM)

God, his Land and Aggression ratings must be through the roof.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/2/2010 10:24:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody
Nice find. Has anyone found an F. Krueger out there?

I am pretty certain I have seen "Krueger" on the game. I Don't know about the "F." though. Nice pair [:D]

Moss Orleni -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/3/2010 10:59:28 AM)

Looking at his stats, his assessment report after officer training might look like this:

Leadership 45: charismatic in a certain way, Ensign Voorhees tries foremost to lead by example. Should work on his appearance and social skills.
Inspiration 44: wins the respect of his crew through fear rather than through competence; has an unhealthy preference for keelhauling as a means to enforce discipline
Naval 26: poor overall nautical knowledge, mostly limited to specific subjects such as the impact strenght of anchors, the use of fishing nets as weapons or the flotation characteristics of human body with various weights attached
Air 9: very poor; Ensign Voorhees has an uncontrollable tendency to dismantle aircraft propellers and use them to chop off pilot's heads
Land 13: extraordinary hand-to-hand combat skills, but his strong preference to 'personalize the fight' limits his ability to use more advanced weaponry systems and tactics
Admin 40: after completing his MBA, Ensign Voorhees has shown remarkable progress in this area. Should consider typewriters as administrative tools rather than as melee weapons though.
Aggression 28: used to have an explosive temper, but frequent and rigid application of strong sedatives and electroshock therapy seem to have taken off his edge... now only gets angry when loosing in cards, tic-tac-toe, etc, but might go berserk again if put in prolonged or acute stress situations

Conclusion: although Ensign Voorhees is basically unsuited to take command of a military naval vessel, current needs in the Koninklijke Marine are such that he should be given an opportunity to prove himself in battle. Could be of use for subversive action or internal destabilization when taken prisoner by the enemy.

Cheers,

Moss

[image]local://upfiles/30414/70D48A1CC5C0422BB4A060437E3234F6.jpg[/image]

CaptBeefheart -> RE: suspect Dutch Navy officer selection criteria (7/3/2010 2:53:57 PM)

Moss--You slay me. Good work.

Cheers,
CC

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI