Pacific Large Map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios

Grymme -> Pacific Large Map (7/6/2010 10:29:39 AM)

Well, Grumpy uploaded a large European Map.

I dont want to be any worse so i made a rather large Pacific Map. Its 148*148 hexes.

I have only used the default graphics so there certainly can be made some changes to the map. Not all roads should be of the same quality etc.

Also i have not placed locations, only landscapes and nothing more. So that the map could be used for any scenario/timeperiod etc.

Feel free to download and use it.

Here is a link to it
http://web.comhem.se/olvmyr3/WITP.html

Bombur -> RE: Pacific Large Map (7/6/2010 2:17:09 PM)

What a Great work!!!!

Josh -> RE: Pacific Large Map (7/6/2010 9:48:25 PM)

It is.
What strikes me is that the AT game engine, combined with this map easily outguns Matrix' newest game SoP, which covers the same area. But the AT engine gives you more flexibility. You only need to put it together... map, units, events and so on [:)] and that takes time and skill.
Ofcourse Storm over the Pacific has nice graphics. But that can be added in AT2 as well.

Oh, I almost don't dare to mention this [:(] Dutch harbour is written as "Dutsch harbour". Not important, just noticed it.

Grymme -> RE: Pacific Large Map (7/6/2010 10:25:55 PM)

Josh, yeah. Thanks

That is basicly the problem with AT. The potential for everything is there. You just have to put it all together. Which sometimes takes a while. What i would like is for people to produce things more separatly so that you can just put it together. There have been some atempts at this, but not much. Bomburs mod is one of them. The different NATO masterfiles also. In a perfect world you would just load a map, then apply (for example) a WWII masterfile. Then just place the units and whoha you have a working scenario.

For example. I used the last 20 minutes or so to put together a working map for the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905. 20 minutes!!!. Then its just the rest of all of it.

Josh -> RE: Pacific Large Map (7/7/2010 3:36:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

Josh, yeah. Thanks

That is basicly the problem with AT. The potential for everything is there. You just have to put it all together. Which sometimes takes a while. What i would like is for people to produce things more separatly so that you can just put it together. There have been some atempts at this, but not much. Bomburs mod is one of them. The different NATO masterfiles also. In a perfect world you would just load a map, then apply (for example) a WWII masterfile. Then just place the units and whoha you have a working scenario.

For example. I used the last 20 minutes or so to put together a working map for the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905. 20 minutes!!!. Then its just the rest of all of it.

Well, exactly! The potential is there, and like you said there are some mods (Bombur's is a great one), while you make outstanding maps and scenarios. Now all you got to do is put two and two together and make it work.... that's easier said then done [:D] We both know that takes countless hours of skilled labour to accomplish such a thing. That is where Vic, betatesters and others come in. I hope. I would love to see it all come together in AT2.

Maddoc06 -> RE: Pacific Large Map (8/6/2010 3:44:13 AM)

Nice map, thanks for the work!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI