Patch 1.806 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

turkey -> Patch 1.806 (7/7/2010 4:55:34 PM)

Hi Folks. Does anyone know how I can access the changes made in patch version 1.806 without installing? I'm in the middle of a pbem on 1.804, so can't change without my oponent and am not sure if its worth while.

jwilkerson -> RE: Patch 1.806 (7/10/2010 5:35:34 PM)

Perhaps I don't know exactly what your words mean but you cannot have the changes from a patch without installing the patch (A=A).

Now if you want to keep one particular PBEM game at 1804 that is fine - just create another instance of WITP and install the 1806 patch on that new instance.

I usually play every game in a separate instance - and have different games at different patch levels. You can do that to.

If you "UNHIDE" all your files at the OS level - then you can just copy all the contents of the WITP folder (including sub-folders) to another main folder - but you must unhide all files for this to work.

Otherwise, you can install again from original media and patch up to create your second (third, fourth, seventy-third,...) instance of the game.

The only limitation would be disk space.

turkey -> RE: Patch 1.806 (7/12/2010 10:17:27 AM)

Thanks for the advice. What I wanted was to find out what the changes (to the game play) introduced by the patch will be. I seem to remember with other patches there was a readme.txt file that detailed the changes, and was wondering if there was such a file for this patch and how I could access it (the text file) before installing the patch?

jwilkerson -> RE: Patch 1.806 (7/16/2010 3:29:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: turkey

Thanks for the advice. What I wanted was to find out what the changes (to the game play) introduced by the patch will be. I seem to remember with other patches there was a readme.txt file that detailed the changes, and was wondering if there was such a file for this patch and how I could access it (the text file) before installing the patch?

In that case I would just simply say there is no way to see the files contained in the patch - such as the readme.rtf file - without installing the patch.

JeffroK -> RE: Patch 1.806 (7/17/2010 6:06:10 AM)

This is now 2+ years old!!

War in the Pacific™ (v1.8.0.6)   Thank you for playing War in the Pacific™! We are always looking for ways to improve your gaming experience.  For the latest information on the game, please go to the Matrix Games web site at www.matrixgames.com.   Troubleshooting:   To obtain optimum game performance, close all other applications before beginning a game.   Also, ensure that you have the latest video and sound drivers available for your system and that you have upgraded to the latest version of DirectX from Microsoft.  The vast majority of reported problems are resolved by upgrading all drivers and DirectX to the latest versions.   If you are experiencing problems with the game, please contact support@matrixgames.com or post in the War in the Pacific Support Forum at www.matrixgames.com.  Please provide as much detail on your issue as soon as possible.   Change History:   Please Note: Old save files (v1.40 and v1.50) will load with the updated version. However, if playing PBEM, once one player has loaded the game using the patch, the player to follow must also play the game using the patch.  Not all fixes work in games that continue from old saves, as some fixes depend on data changes that require a new game to take effect.  Some data changes from v1.60 can be transferred to old save files by using the procedure listed below in the v1.60 data change notes.   Note that v1.8.0.6 incremental production release includes the following changes:   Item 1 – Correct issues related to task forces discontinuing loading after another task force was disbanded in the same hex.   Item 2 – Correct issues related to TF destination fields not being cleared.  This was causing some TFs under player control to move towards apparently random destinations.   Item 3 – As an interim measure, until the scenario data can be updated, correct the Type 13 radar (device 139) to have penetration=500 thus enabling it to function as an air search radar.  This change will be removed once the scenario data is corrected.   Item 4 – Add air detection devices to the device pool displays.   Item 5 – Add code to enable building of air detection devices:  139, 142, 137, 138, 213, 143.   Item 6 – Complete enablement of air search radars aboard ships and increased randomness of radar effectiveness.   Item 7 – Handle overflow for planes diverting to CVs to convert to Op Losses.   Item 8 – Additional performance improvements for DivideCrippledTF.   Item 9 – Change to AutoMineSweep to enable MS to sweep same base.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI