Axis forces not attacking (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

Rift -> Axis forces not attacking (7/9/2010 9:55:36 PM)

I got to the beginning of 22nd on the Arnhem Campaign and the axis forces have stopped attacking.

For instance s.PZ.Abt.506 hasnt moved nor have the KpG Bruhns and Helle and Knoche.

They just seem to have given up the fight.

The attached is shows the date of 22nd no movement by the axis from this date.

[image]local://upfiles/32331/D824A3A1519144DA8F01DCF037322037.jpg[/image]

Rift -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/9/2010 9:56:09 PM)

The attached shows the date of 24th and time of 1500 as you can see no movement:

[image]local://upfiles/32331/88C00F8A9C874859B3588255E37ADCF5.jpg[/image]

Andrew Williams -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/9/2010 10:25:22 PM)

hmmm... The axis would not attack in tLD either

RD Oddball -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/9/2010 10:42:09 PM)

I'll pass the info along to the developer Rift. Thanks!

Trash78 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/9/2010 10:44:29 PM)

They show the same behaviour in other operational maps. The last stand at Arnhem is an especially good example. The axis just sit on their own territory and never attack.

jomni -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 12:24:47 AM)

Oh my. Is this a gamebreaker?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 12:40:35 AM)

If it is the case that axis aren't moving on the strat. I'm sure it will be fixed quickly with a patch.

I'm sure it was working in late testing so..............

Otherwise it is not much of a last stand if there is nothing to stand against.

Anyone else seen the same issue?

D.Ilse -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 2:27:06 AM)

People play the allies? [X(]

bairdlander2 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 2:41:05 AM)

I just started GC as Axis and in first battle Allies sent 1 rifle squad,I ambushed and destroyed them,now the rest of their troops just sitting there not attacking[:D][:D]

Trash78 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 6:55:15 AM)

Tried a few other campaigns and ops. The entire campaign map AI seems to be either extremely timid or even inactive. Gamebreaker really. Let's hope they'll fix this.

Scotters1 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 7:06:56 AM)

In several battles as the Germans, the allied ai with overwhelming forces would not attack at at all. (Earlier I was having some great battles.) In two the maps I had left two victory locations unguarded, and the ai never took them. I'm playing with 15 minute battles, and the ai is set at recruit, and I'm set at veteran. This is in turn 3 of the grand campaign. I haven't noticed problems on the campaign map yet, but I really haven't been looking.

squatter -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 10:16:13 AM)

Yeah, I've got the same - on the last stand arnhem operation, the axis dont attack AT ALL.

On the battle: last stand arnhem III, the Brit paratroopers appear on the map as attackers in the top left!

So the one battle that Last Stand Arnhem cannot simulate is the last stand at arnhem.

Way to go programmers!

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 2:29:34 PM)

Looks to me like Matrix either need to withdraw the game or clearly revise the marketing message to read 'Multiplayer only'. I've spent enough money recently on games that don't deliver what they claim on the box. I'm fed up.

Bamilus -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 2:43:29 PM)

I also tried the Last Stand at Arnhem operation and the Axis wouldn't attack.

GaryChildress -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 8:25:46 PM)

This definitely needs to be patched. There's no game if the AI won't attack. [:(]

RD Oddball -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 8:35:36 PM)

It's not that they don't attack at all. It's that they're not aggressive enough. We're looking at it. Thanks for the information.

Zakhal -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 10:08:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

I just started GC as Axis and in first battle Allies sent 1 rifle squad,I ambushed and destroyed them,now the rest of their troops just sitting there not attacking[:D][:D]

Thats weird. In my first three GC battles as axis the allied AI attacked with lots of forces. In first battle they had multiple vehicles even. In second battle they really pushed me even destroyed my 88s. [&:]

RD Oddball -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 10:44:31 PM)

That's why we're looking at it again. We saw what you did during testing Zakhal.

JudgeDredd -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 10:55:08 PM)

Just wanted to pop in here and say I haven't seen any tactical AI NOT attecking. I find them quite aggressive. I don't know about the Strat AI

dudalb_slith -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/10/2010 11:03:51 PM)

Your Honor, it is the operational/Strategic AI that seems to be the problem.

Tejszd -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 12:00:32 AM)

Couple things to keep in mind that could be affecting what people are seeing;

1) Axis BO BG's can not move
2) If a BG is forced to retreat off a map as a penalty during the next strat movement turn the BG can not move

Edit: not saying what you are saying isn't happening, as there was a similar bug in WAR at one time, but the above items could be causing the lack of aggression by the Strat AI that people are seeing instead of a bug

RD Oddball -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 12:53:40 AM)

Good point Tejszd. Thought it was understood what was expected out of the German bo. battlegroups but ya can't assume.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 1:31:44 AM)

quote:

as there was a similar bug in WAR at one time

no, the bug was in tLD and was addressed in tha latest Beta patch

the AI has always attacked on the strat map in WaR.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 1:33:11 AM)

I don't think KpG Bruhns and Helle and Knoche are Bo. Battle Groups so should be moving.

jomni -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 2:37:33 AM)

Looks like it's best to play as Axis for now.

RD Oddball -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 5:13:04 AM)

I posted this in a similar thread but I have a GC ongoing that the Axis AI is very aggressive in trying to take Arnhem back from me. Nearly every turn there's two battlegroups showing up. And there's a fair bit of movement as I keep having to reclaim areas I controlled at the previous movement turn. So it seems to be a sporadic condition.

Zakhal -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 6:05:29 AM)

It shouldnt be too hard to write algorithm/script for the strategic AI of this game. Even I could write code for that. Im sure its just a bug that makes the AI passive in certain conditions. If you have the savegame and game code you could debug out why the AI doesnt move.

Trash78 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 8:27:43 AM)

I can tell you that for me at least this is absolutely not a sporadic problem. No matter what campaign or op I play or what side I play the AI just will not attack. Last Stand at Arnhem is the op where this is the easiest to see. Please do try it out.

Redmarkus5 -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 9:59:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

Just wanted to pop in here and say I haven't seen any tactical AI NOT attecking. I find them quite aggressive. I don't know about the Strat AI

That's my concern as well. The TAC AI (in WaR) attacks you regardless of the tactical circumstances. It won't stay in its trenches when defending and the set-up is also laughable sometimes.

From what I have read in this forum, the same is true of this latest release, but if I'm wrong I would be happy to hear it and would even buy the game to test it.

Rift -> RE: Axis forces not attacking (7/11/2010 11:26:43 AM)

Hi,

Just to confirm I am not talking about the AI in the real time battles I am talking about the AI movement on the Strat Map.

The BG thats would not move were ones that I had not engaged or by the looks of it had not moved from the maps which they entered the Strat Map on.
The ones I had engaged kept attacking until they were out of points so they couldnt buy any reinforcements as you will see in my other post.

Hope its something that can be tinkered with and fixed.

Either way still love the game and was worth the cost of buying it.
The only thing I'm not keen on is the credit/forcepool point thing. There is never enough money to give the AI all the good stuff (or yourself) so you can get a real challenge!! [:)]
Hopefully someone can release a small mod giving unlimited credits [:D] I know...I'm just being greedy!

Anyway thanks again for the great game.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI