RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War

NefariousKoel -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/25/2010 8:11:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: papajack

Step back due to the price but finally bought it ......... my English is not good so could say one sentence ....
Cannot stop playing the game   
[:)][:)]

[:)]

Miket_nz -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/27/2010 4:23:47 PM)

An interesting debate going on here. Personally, I love this game. As someone with two young kids, quick singl-player games with a challenging AI are my sweet spot at the moment and given it happens to be my favourite ancients subject, this was not a difficult purchase choice.

I understand some might see this as overpriced, but who releases decent games new for $20?? As someone mentioned, I got this game for the price of an OK meal out, and to be honest I'm very very happy. This game is addictive and the AI is really ruthless. Read the deisgn notes, the developer really put some thought into how the AI works early on versus longer term once Hannibal's genius becomes "known" bby the AI. Hats off to him for his first game, I think its brilliant.

Seems to me most of the time if a game has multi-player, its usually cause it has too, cause the AI is so useless that the game wouold have zero value otherwise. After all, who needs multiplayer when the theme, gameplay and AI provide a compelling experience. Which this game does in spades.

The AI will hand you your head on a platter if you leave him an opening. there is a lot of really strategy and reaction on the fly required to manage the risk and conserve assets for the long fight ahead.

If you're sitting on the fence, much depends on your personal preferences, but for anyone with an interest in this period, this game is a hell of a lot of fun and very replayable with all the random effects of the cards and their arrival. Its the best game I've played this year (which probably only just shows how little time I have for gaming these days[;)])....

Rosseau -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/27/2010 10:58:07 PM)

Thanks Miket_nz for posting your comments. I can't wait for the demo. Meanwhile, I have to admit for $50, I am having fun modding Civ V.

jomni -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/28/2010 4:44:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miket_nz
I understand some might see this as overpriced, but who releases decent games new for $20??

https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

Miket_nz -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/28/2010 1:38:36 PM)

@jomni.

I stand corrected, I already have some of their products too!! My bad. Looks like I'm going to be spending more money on games this week, the Israeli setting is too good to pass up.

Shame I won't have time to play them though............
quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

quote:

I understand some might see this as overpriced, but who releases decent games new for $20??

https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm

jomni -> RE: Hannibal: Carthage in the Second Punic War (9/29/2010 1:54:22 AM)

quote:

I stand corrected, I already have some of their products too!! My bad. Looks like I'm going to be spending more money on games this week, the Israeli setting is too good to pass up.

Shame I won't have time to play them though............

That's my point exactly. At $20 most will be willing to buy a game even if you don't have time to play it.
At $40-50 the decision gets harder. Anyway enough with the talk about pricing.

This game is still in my radar as it is quite iteresting.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI