attacking a map from 2 directions, can't deploy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support

DasHoff -> attacking a map from 2 directions, can't deploy (7/18/2010 1:32:58 AM)

you start the campaign with an AB unit on grave, attacking the bridge from the south. i also moved the unit up north into the tile, attacking from the north. when the game started, i had the area down south and up north to attack from, but it wouldn't let me deploy anywhere in the southern area

it's not like this for every map, is it?

Tejszd -> RE: attacking a map from 2 directions, can't deploy (7/18/2010 2:44:49 AM)

If you have two BG's attack map from two different directions you will get 2 deployment areas. To keep things realistic squads for each BG can only deploy around their own entry VL.

DasHoff -> RE: attacking a map from 2 directions, can't deploy (7/18/2010 10:56:13 AM)

if i already have a unit fighting on a map, and move a new unit in to help out, it doesn't seem to be possible to choose which unit fights, although i could be mistaken.

also, this happens:

[image]http://imgur.com/atIm4.jpg[/image]

7A_Woulf -> RE: attacking a map from 2 directions, can't deploy (7/18/2010 12:43:01 PM)

I've seen that too; In one game 2 PARA move to Arnhem but couldn't kick enough BO-butts, so when the German AI move BGs there the following turn the map looked like that. 

Hoff, if you right-click on your BGs during the strategic movement, you can issue orders (instead of just dragging them) 'Attack' will make the BG the frontline battle group, 'Move' the reserve (if there are two BGs on the map). -The problem is that the moving BG always becomes the reserve, so I guess you have to move, fight and in the following turn you can give the 'Relieve' order. (Manual, section 17) 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI