The future of SPWAW MegaCampaign releases (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW

Supervisor -> The future of SPWAW MegaCampaign releases (8/5/2002 9:57:51 AM)

Matrix Games is exploring several possibilties for an alternate way to release MegaCampaigns once they all have sold out. They are exploring the options of a pay for download option along with the possibility of a SPWAW Gold CD which would contain all Megas and SPWAW. They are listening and exploring alternate options at this time.

gainiac -> THIS IS EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! (8/6/2002 6:51:51 AM)

You guys are allright.

Carry on.

Martin

Supervisor -> (8/6/2002 9:02:30 AM)

LV is down to the last 100 copies in the warehouse. But I expressed the concerns and wishes of the gamers to David Heath (Director of Operations) to somehow redistibute them once they are sold out. He was very responsive and is going to evaualate options and check on the legality of a possible Mega Gold CD.

rich12545 -> (8/12/2002 7:00:08 AM)

Hmmm. Here's something I don't understand. If DF sold out and LV almost sold out then how come Matrix says it didn't meet expectations on the megas. Just wondering.

And while I'm posting here's something else I'm wondering. A long time ago you said the LV patch is about two weeks away. So how's it coming along?

rich12545 -> (8/15/2002 11:45:21 PM)

Anybody home?

ivantheterrible -> (8/16/2002 2:45:49 AM)

Appearantly, "the light's on but nobody's home..." :p

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 4:21:49 AM)

Yeah I guess. That post has been up for days. You'd think since I'm a paying customer someone would at least answer a couple of simple questions.

Supervisor -> (8/16/2002 4:29:51 AM)

Who said Mega's didn't meet expectations and the LV patch isn't finished yet and at this time I have no further estimated time on it's completion.

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 5:51:17 AM)

Thank you very much. Love your attitude.

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 5:57:27 AM)

And that part about the megas not meeting expectations came from posts I've read by Matrix, Paul Vebber if memory serves although it may have been David Heath.

OKW-73 -> (8/16/2002 6:16:56 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rich12545
[B]And that part about the megas not meeting expectations came from posts I've read by Matrix, Paul Vebber if memory serves although it may have been David Heath. [/B][/QUOTE]

You sure you dont mix this up with Starships Unlimited? just did read that forum and there was msg from Paul saying exactly the same thing about it...

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 6:52:56 AM)

Couldn't be since I don't read the SU forum. And this is from a few months ago.

KG Erwin -> A Mega-Campaign CD... (8/16/2002 6:54:49 AM)

...would probably sell IF the Campaigns were all compatible with 7.1 and the patches were pre-installed. You may have some interest if those conditions were guaranteed. However, since Matrix is no longer working on SPWaW and the accent is on development of CL, maybe it would be better to hold off. Consider it again AFTER CL is released. At that point, it may be moot.

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 7:21:44 AM)

And if you have no further estimation of a completion time how about asking someone who is working on the patch to post a status once in a while so paying customers will know what's going on. I don't think that's asking too much.

Supervisor -> rich12545 (8/16/2002 7:28:23 AM)

rich12545, I'm sorry for the late reply as I can't read every post throughout the day(but I try) I volunteer my time here as I'm full time USAF (Air Force Special Operations Command) and am battling long day's, failing health, time share of the computers with both my High Schoolers who have started school again, and the wife for her work choirs. And to make it worse the preperation of possibly deploying back to the war zone again.
If I came across with attitude my apologies, as for expectation of Mega's.
I belive your are correct in that Paul and David might have posted a disappointment as you referred too but I believe it was referring more towards the speed at which the Mega's were selling upon intial releases from the Matrix E-store. But it was very hard for them to judge the overall success of the product as many gamers are from abroad and bought from foreign dealers and many others bought from Chips & Bits. But the important factor is where ever they bought them, they still bought their Matrix product and how can you argue with the overall success when they are almost sold out worldwide. I would say the SPWAW community has almost doubled since the release of Lost Victories and Watchtower.
The big disappointment that might be sticking in your head is STUG II as tons have downloaded the demo but very few seem to actually buy. As for the LV patch please be patient, I promise you we are still working on it, the remaining primary tester is abroad working personal issues along with patch testing, another problem causing the delay is that some odd enomlies/problem have cropped up from some battles/scenarios that were deemed previously fixed and released in patch 1, so LV is being played from beginning to end again to try and find the problem children.
When I took this position as moderator I made a promise to the gamers when new information is availble about anyhting involving the games or forums I would post it for all to read(sometimes even before the head cheeses of Matrix either knew about or wanted the information released) and I still will do the same when new information is leaked out. Have a good night.:)

rich12545 -> (8/16/2002 8:36:43 AM)

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm not trying to be some sort of hard @ss. I enjoy playing spwaw and appreciate all the effort that was put in to make it what it is. There's only one more patch on the whole thing and that's it. I understand it is difficult to project a completion time but if there's some way to keep us informed about how it's coming along that would be appreciated. Maybe every few weeks somebody could post something. Just so we don't feel like it's in limbo and not being worked on at all. I'm patient and I believe most everybody else is too. I guess I just like to be kept informed.

I'm not surprised about the stugII low sales. I tried the demo several months ago and didn't like it. In fact I just ordered Space Empires IV Gold. Very nice game. I didn't like the one with the machines fighting either (don't remember the name) and won't be surprised if it doesn't sell well either.

I wish you well and sincerely hope you don't deploy. Afghanistan doesn't sound like much fun at all.

KG Erwin -> Regarding deployments... (8/16/2002 9:06:55 AM)

...a coworker's son, who is a Captain in an Army Med Unit, is about to be shipped to Kuwait. The unit he belongs to is being transferred 1/3 at a time. Something is brewing on the Iraqi front. The force buildup is starting, slowly and deliberately. If support/medical units are already being placed, then something's up. From here on out, nothing else I hear about will be posted publicly. I'm sure you guys in the military or who have relatives/ friends involved will keep news about rumored deployments quiet. What I heard was just hearsay.

Supervisor -> (8/16/2002 10:32:44 AM)

KG don't sweat it, i spent so much time in the Iraq region I have my own desert beachfront property with my name on it. I ususally get my best information right from CNN, as they always seem to know before the ones that need too. So hearsay isn't true unless you see it on CNN.

rich12545 for now lets just say LV is still in work and when a major development is ready to break I will post it for all to see. Hopefully it won't be much longer, please still try to enjoy it.

AbsntMndedProf -> (8/18/2002 7:45:36 AM)

GMenFan posted:

"I volunteer my time here as I'm full time USAF (Air Force Special Operations Command) and am battling long day's, failing health, time share of the computers with both my High Schoolers who have started school again, and the wife for her work choirs. And to make it worse the preperation of possibly deploying back to the war zone again. "

Thanks for all you do here to help to make Matrix the great gaming company/site that it is! Also, many thanks for your service to our country! All the best to you and your's!

Eric Maietta

Supervisor -> No thanks required (8/18/2002 8:01:37 AM)

I do what I can, and as long as gamers are enjoyng SPWAW and freedom, then I am doing my job properly.:D

Bing -> (10/3/2002 10:52:22 PM)

Gmenfan does a better job than most. I consider him a friend and absolutely one of the best gaming colleagues in my 45 years of gaming.

Let's hear it for the Gmenfan!! (Though I think he would trade it for some entries in the W column for the Giants and Jets.)

Byron Inglesh
aka Bing

Ironfist -> Mega campaigns (10/6/2002 4:45:32 AM)

I love the "gold" Ideal. I would shell out the money for that Disc.
All the campaigns are pretty Cool. Ever thought of doing a Berlin Battle ???:D

The last bridge defended by the 11th SS Nordland Div.

Supervisor -> (10/6/2002 8:33:10 AM)

Thanks Bing, I return the compliments to you as although were have never met, sometimes it fells like weve known each other our entire life. As far as Berlin that will be explored heavily in Combat Leader. Iwould trde almost anything for a competative NY football team, and a now I can add a baseball team as well. As my beloved Yankees get to play golf with the Mets.

jkania5 -> the future of SPWAW MegaCampaign releases (12/18/2002 6:36:12 AM)

What is the status on discountinued mega campaigns?

If the cost of creating new CDs is too high, sell the downloads of them.

Since it is the holiday season, it might be nice of matrix put them on the web as downloads free if they don't plan to re-release them.

AbsntMndedProf -> (12/18/2002 6:48:29 AM)

GMenFan posted:

" . . . I can add a baseball team as well. As my beloved Yankees get to play golf with the Mets."

Speaking as a long suffering Red Sox fan, at least the Yankees have won a few World Series since the end of the First World War. :rolleyes: :D

Eric Maietta

Supervisor -> (12/19/2002 9:51:36 AM)

Eric, but the Pat's won the Superbowl so that has to count for something.:p

MilosG -> (1/11/2003 3:53:27 AM)

Definately I'd buy a "gold" CD, or download the lot. I have the one set in North Africa (forget the title) and it was (still is) a hoot to play. I can't imagine that it would cost much to set up a PAYPAL account for the download of Megas. :confused:

MilosG
Newbie by God and loving it.:D

Pit -> (2/8/2003 10:54:33 AM)

My only question is where do I or CAN I get the Mega Campaigns now!!!!

If so WHERE????

slyone -> (2/21/2003 9:46:22 PM)

Apparently there are masses of people who are after the good old MCs (I am one of them :D). They are eager to buy it directly from Matrix (Gold edition or pay per download) or 2nd hand.

Unfortunately it seems that Matrix doesn't care. :mad: I guess, guys from Matrix want to see, in a year or two, original MCs beeing auctioned at Christies in London for prices starting at 100,000 $.
;)

Thrashman -> (2/22/2003 3:00:46 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by slyone
[B]Apparently there are masses of people who are after the good old MCs (I am one of them :D). They are eager to buy it directly from Matrix (Gold edition or pay per download) or 2nd hand.

Unfortunately it seems that Matrix doesn't care. :mad: I guess, guys from Matrix want to see, in a year or two, original MCs beeing auctioned at Christies in London for prices starting at 100,000 $.
;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Well that is how I am starting to feel. God this tread is old but nothing new about it.

I'll make Matrix a deal. I can cook off about 500 copies a day for them if they will just let me buy one. Then they can sell the rest from their site and all it will cost them is the cd art and the cd's. Don't worry about any packaging. just put it in jewel cases. The people that will be buying them don't care about a nice box. they just wanto play the maga campaign.

Come on guys, we want access to the MEGA's and we will pay for them.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI