WW1 Multiplayer Guide (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold

06 Maestro -> WW1 Multiplayer Guide (7/21/2010 9:17:36 AM)

As I have been a fan of WW1 since its release and enjoy a good multi-player game I put together this guide. The guide is organized into two parts; part one deals with router and security configurations and part two deals with the multi-player game set up with some tips.

There are many different combinations of ISPs', router and LAN configurations. This guide will not work under all circumstances, but I think that many, or most will be able to use it with success.

The settings offered here have been tested many times over. The information was compiled from both practical experience and from much online research. It may be that some will still need a VPN such as Hamchi to be able to play online, but if you can avoid that, why not? Odds are that you can do it yourself. You do not need to be an IT pro to complete the configuration guide-it can be done in less than an hour.

The WW1 online gaming community is only just beginning. As more players become involved there will be more information as to what works under various situations. If we share that information, we can create a great online community to fully enjoy this game.
Part two of the guide covers game specific settings and tasks.
Much of this guide is somewhat basic and is intended to help get players though the first connection. There are a few tips in the last section regarding online play that you may find useful.

Be advised that army reactions will likely cause a loss of sync in online play. It is advised that the Host player disables "reaction" in the game menu at the start of the game. The settings on the host PC are automatically transfered to all joining players. This is one of those so called "regressive" bugs that appeared in the G patch (IIRC). Hopefully, we will have a fix for that soon. In the meantime, the game is quite playable without that one option selected. Options should be discussed before you begin the game.

The general information section is a small beginning. Please feel free to comment or to make suggestions for additional information.

I hope that you find the guide helpful.

Until I can reduce the size of the files a link to Ageod will have to suffice for the download location.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18208

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI