RE: The Fourth Republic AAR (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports

desert -> RE: The Fourth Republic AAR (8/24/2010 10:08:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

Uk was fairly easy, with the bottleneck being the shipping capability that allowed only 2-3 units to be transferred per turn.

Heh, checking the events, "preparations" for the invasion of Britain don't involve any increases in sea transport - I just get 3 supply points around Dover. Whoops.

*Lava* -> RE: The Fourth Republic AAR (9/6/2010 11:41:49 AM)

Nice to see an AAR of my scenario.

The intent of the scenario was to present a starting situation which put a great amount of pressure on the player right from the start of the game. Germany was meant to be a hard nut to crack early on as Spain nibbled at your backside. I figured most folks would go head on with Germany right from the start and I think in retrospect I should have beefed them up a bit more than what you have in the scenario. Just to make it a little tougher.

Once you get got over Germany, Russia was meant to be the next hurdle, and you seemed to have handled that very nicely.

To finish out the scenario, the invasion of the UK was also meant to be a bit of struggle to gain a foothold. That is why sea transportation remained limited. This part of the scenario was devised to force the player to combine both air and sea transport to the maximum extent possible.

Seems you liked the scenario. I know for lots of vets around here it probably wasn't as challenging as they would have liked, but I'm not the best of scenario designers and overall I wanted the scenario to be beatable by most players.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the AAR... [:)]

Ray (alias Lava)

*Lava* -> RE: The Fourth Republic AAR (9/7/2010 4:00:03 PM)

As a foot note...

From what I have read, which is not a whole lot, nobody has taken the optimum strategy to win the scenario.

But I guess it was too easy to force folks to find it.

Cheers and ta ta.

Ray (alias Lava)

desert -> RE: The Fourth Republic AAR (9/7/2010 4:38:28 PM)

Rush the British on Turn 1?

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI