RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

gabeeg -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (7/31/2010 6:09:10 AM)

the preliminary reports from the beta 1 patch were enough to finally push me over the top and I purchased LSA tonight...going through the tutorials now.   I did have crash when I attempted to turn off the music in the option panel...said it could not write to the registry key...reinstall.   I restarted and everything is fine and the music is indeed off.  Not sure if this has been reported before or if it was a random glitch.

Sapa -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (7/31/2010 7:02:07 AM)

Thanks for the beta update[:)] It feels like the AI is more aggresive, now using cover, coveringfire and smoke much better! Great work!!

but...please, please, fix the "Cant go there!" to the next big update! It ruins almost every battle with a vehicle involved...

anyway..thankyou wery much!!

//Mats

RD Oddball -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (7/31/2010 2:52:17 PM)

Pathfinding improvements are in the works. [;)]

Dundradal -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (7/31/2010 3:21:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

Pathfinding improvements are in the works. [;)]

Great! Last night I fought with 2 armored cars on the Arnhem road bridge. They kept saying they couldn't move yet they were on the flat road deck. Good thing they were only going against AB.

7A_Woulf -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 5:32:11 AM)

[&o]

Just want to thank you guys for this patch!!
I just had the most intense battle against the AI since I started to play CC back in the CC2-days.

*The PIAT team knocked out a SPW 250/1 that came rumbling across the Arnhem bridge.
*A HMG duel across the bridge while they did it, ending in a total whipout of my Vickers HMG.
*Three British paras without ammo running forward to scavenge Jerry weapons, finding themselves surrounded by SS grenadiers and killing seven of them with their own weapons before one para could retreat.

And finally, the reason I write about it here, this is what the AI in this patch did to me:

[sm=fighting0056.gif] 

RD Oddball -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 5:37:42 AM)

[:D] Good to hear it's up to snuff. More to come.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 10:39:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Is this compatable with current saves?

Don't assume so.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 10:41:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dundradal

They kept saying they couldn't move yet they were on the flat road deck.

Did they have fuel?

Dundradal -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 11:14:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dundradal

They kept saying they couldn't move yet they were on the flat road deck.

Did they have fuel?

Plenty. They weren't immobilized. They just didn't want to move. It was the "can't go there" bug.

CSO_Talorgan -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/1/2010 11:45:01 PM)

Hmmm!

That's not so good.

[:(]

squadleader_id -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/2/2010 1:42:48 AM)

The AI performance (even when attacking...yeah!) has certainly improved...but from my observations only on the small-medium maps.
On the bigger maps like Nijmegen Bridge...the AI is still clueless and camps a lot.  AI tanks movement are also almost non existent on the big urban maps.

CaptRio -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/2/2010 3:46:10 AM)

Just installed the beta, and great job guys!

The AI is more agressive! Not perfect but we are almost there!

Just played the Best map and for the first time the bridge wasnt destroyed, actually the AI morale broke and I got some precious terrain and will be able to attack from the southeast next battle.

Did you change the AI's blowing up bridge behavior?

Shadrach -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/2/2010 1:23:29 PM)

I've noticed the AI seems overly careful when attacking now, in that it sneaks getting everywhere, which does tend to get annoying when ambushing and waiting for them to get in range.

Not really noticed them being more agressive in the tactical mode, maybe not as suicidal in defense (which is good).

On the camp map it seems the AI is agressive though.

Mraah -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/2/2010 3:56:06 PM)

RD_Oddball,

Some bugs ...

1. Game Manual PDF (typo) ..... In upper right hand corner of pages 53-67 it reads THE STRAGIC FIGHT ... should read THE STRATEGIC FIGHT.

2. Strategic Map ....

a. Nijmegen Bridge ... Static force disappears after the KG GRAEBNER/9 SSPz passes through, enroute to either Beek or Nijmegen. I've seen this bug twice, once in the release version when GRAEBNER moved from the Nijmegen bridge to Nijmegen whilst I simultaneously moved from Beek to Nijmegen bridge. The screen shot shows (the next turn) after the battle when GRAEBNER attacked Beek (from Nijmegen bridge) and was disbanded because I took all the VL's. In either case, the static force at the Nijmegen bridge was removed. After I executed the turn (moving into Nijmegen Bridge), the static force was indeed missing .... once again taking the bridge without a fight !

[image]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s300/raabmraah/NijmegenBridge.jpg[/image]

b. Arnhem Rail Bridge ... After the 2nd BN./1st PARA Bde attacked the Arnhem Rail Bridge (germans blew the bridge on second battle, the first battle stopped due to both sides being exhausted), my BG was able to move to Driel North, Driel, and Elden .... as you can see from screenshot.

[image]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s300/raabmraah/ArnhemRailBridge.jpg[/image]

I have a saved game file if you need it (one file since it coincidently was the same turn).

RD Oddball -> RE: Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.01b Public Beta (8/2/2010 4:31:42 PM)

Hey Mraah, Thanks for the manual spelling mistake. Will report it.

The absorption of static BG's into mobile BG's is intentional.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI