Corrupted save game file? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> World War One Gold >> Tech Support

Brainiac 6 -> Corrupted save game file? (7/30/2010 3:59:02 PM)

Hello Calvinus,

First let me say that I love this game so far. However, some of the pop-up messages (mostly the strike one) will cause a crash to desktop, but only if I move the mouse after the window pops up. If I do not move the mouse the game wil not crash. As a workaround I was just quicksaving when these pop-ups occurred and this would remove the window. After reaching the July 1916 game turn the savegame will not load giving a debug error: "corrupted stack around sz temp". I am new to the forums and could not figure out how to attach the savegame file which I would really like to continue if possible.

As to the original problem with the pop-ups, I beleive that some way to manipulate the pop-ups with the keyboard would solve the problem. At the moment it does not seem possible to tab between the options provided in a window or to hit enter to choose a selected option.

Please help.

calvinus72 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/30/2010 7:01:06 PM)

Which language are you playing with? Maybe a wrong parametrical text (in tooltips) that causes the crash..

calvinus72 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/30/2010 7:04:28 PM)

Also, I know that other people removed the crashes by disabling the antivirus or by installing a less aggressive/intrusive one.

Brainiac 6 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/30/2010 8:25:31 PM)

Thanks for the quick response.

I am playing the English version.

Even when I set the parameters to not include pop-ups for strikes or rebellions, I still get pop-ups.

Can I send you my saved game?

calvinus72 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/31/2010 12:01:52 AM)

Yes, post here the savegame zipped (both the .SAV & .MAP files).

But also try disabling the antivirus...
Indeed the english version should be ok, with no error in param texts. [8|]

Brainiac 6 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/31/2010 12:57:11 AM)

I could not attach a zip file to a forum post, so I sent you a PM.

Thanks

calvinus72 -> RE: Corrupted save game file? (7/31/2010 1:19:23 AM)

I'm lucky. I found the bug immediately (stack overflow) and fixed it at once!

Next patch 1.08L. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI