My Newbie questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

flashovr -> My Newbie questions (8/7/2002 4:10:08 AM)

I've just ordered this game and WOW! What an amazing, wonderful piece of work. I love it.
If there is a single forum or website that might answer these questions, pls let me know.
Here are my issues with this game:
Once I send my transports to some bases to resupply others (i.e. Townsville to Carins), are they takeing supplies from Tville or what? And how do I stop them? I ordered that to happen and now I give them another order, like transfer to Carins and they still transfer supplies and return to Carins? I dont understand why they do this.
My ships/plane (American) suck at combat. I want them to go on shake down cruises. The manuel says something about 14 days at sea with out combat will improve there skill. Pls explain where and how I monitor their progress.
I have tons of other issues, but this is a start.

I look forward to your answers.

Aaron

flashovr -> correction to my message (8/7/2002 4:12:45 AM)

My transports of supplies from Tville to Carins, I change them to Transfer to New Base. They transport planes only continue to resupply from Tville to Carins and then return to Tville.

Hope this correction make sense.

Aaron

Spooky -> (8/7/2002 5:13:23 AM)

Check the FAQ on the UV Fansite - maybe you could find some useful infos

Spooky

Black Cat -> Re: My Newbie questions (8/7/2002 5:40:07 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by flashovr
[B]I've just ordered this game and WOW! What an amazing, wonderful piece of work. I love it.
If there is a single forum or website that might answer these questions, pls let me know.
Here are my issues with this game:
Once I send my transports to some bases to resupply others (i.e. Townsville to Carins), are they takeing supplies from Tville or what? And how do I stop them? I ordered that to happen and now I give them another order, like transfer to Carins and they still transfer supplies and return to Carins? I dont understand why they do this.
My ships/plane (American) suck at combat. I want them to go on shake down cruises. The manuel says something about 14 days at sea with out combat will improve there skill. Pls explain where and how I monitor their progress.
I have tons of other issues, but this is a start.

I look forward to your answers.

Aaron [/B][/QUOTE]

My I suggest you use the " Search " function on the top right of this page, you will find a lot of the answers to basic questions that way, as well as much useful infomation in peoples posts.

As far as the Transport AC you need to click on "training" and set that to 0 to stop the previous mission type.

tiredoftryingnames -> (8/7/2002 10:11:53 PM)

If you want to stop a transport squadron from flying a resupply or transport mission that you gave click the Select Destination button and then hit ESC, that will clear out the orders and put it back to Commander's Discretion.

Could you explain more what you are trying to accomplish when you say you they still return to Cairns? A transport mission is always going to return to it's home base.

Jason

flashovr -> Intercepting TF (8/8/2002 7:00:36 AM)

I have had an Enemy TF around my one of my island bases for about 5 turns(days). Each turn, his is within range of my TF (not at my base, but at sea and close). Each turn, I move my TF to his postion and he is not there. Now, the enemy TF is over here (somewhere else close to my island base). How do I catch a TF with a TF?

tiredoftryingnames -> (8/13/2002 6:20:05 PM)

Are you talking a surface combat TF or Air Combat? Surface action isn't going to happen unless they run into each other in the same hex. Air Combat should happen if the enemy TF is spotted, the weather is right and the Air Combat TF passess it's automated rolls that launch airstrikes. Watch the replay to see if there is a message about that TFs air strikes being cancelled or see if that enemy TF is even spotted during the air phase.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI