Blown bridges. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

Trash78 -> Blown bridges. (7/30/2010 9:08:11 PM)

Anyone has any succes capturing bridges intact? Despite my best efforts the AI just loves to blow them whenever I push it too far or as soon as my troops are about to reach the VP which controls it. Bit of a bother really.

TheReal_Pak40 -> RE: Blown bridges. (7/30/2010 9:20:36 PM)

Certainly some bridges are harder than others. I was able to capture a few in the Nijmegen sector. Some bridges like Zon you would just have to sprint from the very beginning and ignore casualties in order to prevent it from blowing.

Southernland -> RE: Blown bridges. (7/30/2010 9:53:52 PM)

I've just restarted the GC with the new Beta patch and have taken Son and hueman, failed on Best and St odenrode so far.

you need to use different plans for differnet maps. Son is an all out rush made easier by the fact you start with a large BG, Hueman is similar. The other two I've had success (prior to this patch at least) by taking a sloftly softly approach, infiltrating over 2 turns rather than seeking confrontation. then i can get my troops close enough to storm the bridge and take down the defenders

RD Oddball -> RE: Blown bridges. (7/30/2010 11:22:32 PM)

The last full GC I started I captured all the bridges intact except Son. I've only gotten that one once.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI