Claudes in Kwaj (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

Rankorian -> Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 12:23:44 AM)

As IJ, I have 27 Claudes in Kwaj in 1/42.

Is it true, as it seems to be, that they are too isolated to upgrade?

They have nice pilot exp, so it does not seem like a training unit--seem to be unable to put them into Gen Reserve--also because they are too isolated?

Should I use my AVs to transport them closer?

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 1:13:08 AM)

Ship them to the HI or Truk to upgrade them to Zeros and then fly them back.

Rankorian -> RE: Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 1:56:22 AM)

Great Zepplin, I thought that was the idea.  But....am I wrong about AVs--do they only carry float planes?  I tried to form an aircraft transport unit at Kwaj with only AKs, but my planes would not load....but maybe I need them at rest?....

Addendum: Got it. "Load troops" from the air transport TF. Easy. Don't seem to take much space.

Mynok -> RE: Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 2:01:34 AM)

Transport TF, right? Not amphibious? Got enough to hold the lot? Should work fine.

You load them by selecting load troops, not flying them on of course. I assume that's obvious.....

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 2:02:12 AM)

Ah, well Yes AVs only carry floatplanes.AKs need to be docked at a base to load planes.You can also use a CVE to have them land on it or if nothing helps drop a baseforce at Ponape, build an airfield (its useful to do that anyway) and flysland hop them out.

findmeifyoucan -> RE: Claudes in Kwaj (8/18/2010 5:05:56 AM)

No, no, you can fly them to Truk via Panope across and down to Formosa and upgrade them to zeros or just replace the veteran pilots with gene ones. Better than risk losing them on account of subs and a lot slower. :-)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI