A stupid question ... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III

saintsup -> A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 9:44:33 AM)

Hello,

I'm reentering TOAW world after two years and I can't remember nor find how to command an airfield attack (as opposed to a normal bombardment).

Thanks in advance and congrats for the new patch. Looks very good !

larryfulkerson -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 10:08:30 AM)

It seems as though I remember having to select the arty unit and then right click on the airfield and there's a pop-up menu item that is labeled "airfield attack" and you can choose it instead of a regular bombarment.  

saintsup -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 10:10:44 AM)

Thank you but my question is more about how to do it with air units.

I right click on the airfield and there is no pop up to choose.

larryfulkerson -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 10:13:13 AM)

Um.........maybe the airfield has to have an enemy plane on it before the "airfield attack" option is available?  

EDIT: I did a test and found out that indeed it works when there's an enemy plane on the field.

[image]local://upfiles/16287/E18989896D2F49789FC95F135CE41C99.gif[/image]

pionier -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 12:36:13 PM)

by the way, is there a differenz if there is only an airunit in the hex between the two options? I'm not sure

Panama -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 12:43:50 PM)

This raises a question in my mind and I don't have access to my computer at home to check.

Can the popup be used as a recon tool to find unseen air units?

saintsup -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 5:21:12 PM)

Fact is that since I installed the new 3.4 (on Windows 7) I don't have the pop-up appearing, including when I 'right-click' to attack with a ground unit.

Does anybody have a idea why ? In any case I will try to reinstall.

Panama -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/21/2010 9:49:25 PM)

See this topic:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2554430

Curtis Lemay -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/22/2010 3:37:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

This raises a question in my mind and I don't have access to my computer at home to check.

You don't even need the popup. Select a bomber, move the cursor over an enemy airfield. If the bombardment path appears, the field has air units in it. Of course, you don't know what types and how many are there, as you would if the hex was observed. Sort of a third level of recon, below "spotted" and "observed".

And note that this can only occur if the Theater Recon level is 0%. A setting of 1% or higher reveals all enemy air units.

Panama -> RE: A stupid question ... (8/22/2010 4:24:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

You don't even need the popup. Select a bomber, move the cursor over an enemy airfield. If the bombardment path appears, the field has air units in it. Of course, you don't know what types and how many are there, as you would if the hex was observed. Sort of a third level of recon, below "spotted" and "observed".

And note that this can only occur if the Theater Recon level is 0%. A setting of 1% or higher reveals all enemy air units.

Having all airfields 'revealed' has always been something I've not understood. Really bizarre. I guess that makes the recon by airfield attack minor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI