Box Text Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support

Yearworld -> Box Text Problem (8/23/2010 9:14:46 PM)

Hi all please help if you have any ideas. The text in the grey pop-up box that states who is up in the game as well as information like whether you want to besiege a city and etc. has disappeared. I only have an okay/yes/no button. I can play my turns but eit is a little confusing sometimes. Has anyone had this problem? (See picture)

[image]local://upfiles/32912/29F6E714C3CD4E43876265E3B927EA99.jpg[/image]

Dancing Bear -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/23/2010 11:31:54 PM)

There was a similar error some time ago. I think if you have recently upgraded windows?, you might be missing the fonts used by this text box. I think Marshall posted the font somewhere on the forum, but I'm not sure where. Maybe someone can dig it out of their game files.

NeverMan -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/24/2010 2:03:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

There was a similar error some time ago. I think if you have recently upgraded windows?, you might be missing the fonts used by this text box. I think Marshall posted the font somewhere on the forum, but I'm not sure where. Maybe someone can dig it out of their game files.

Can't Matrix include the font with the game?

Yearworld -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/24/2010 12:35:49 PM)

Thanks DB you are probably right about the problem. If anyone can find me the font that would be great. Just to be clear I had no problems till yesterday when the font just seemed to disappear so it is probably as DB says.

Yearworld

NeverMan -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/24/2010 10:19:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yearworld

Thanks DB you are probably right about the problem. If anyone can find me the font that would be great. Just to be clear I had no problems till yesterday when the font just seemed to disappear so it is probably as DB says.

Yearworld

What did you upgrade yesterday? Did you try system restore?

Yearworld -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/25/2010 3:22:22 AM)

It happened after I loaded the 1.08.04 version. It was weird though because text disappeared in my 1.07 games too.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/25/2010 12:41:34 PM)

Try rebooting your machine after the update!
The fonta are included and are being added / registered in the update BUT for some reason on some systems if you start the game after the install, the fonts are not properly registered. The reboot takes care of this.

Yearworld -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/27/2010 2:37:41 PM)

Thanks Marshall. It worked :)

NeverMan -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/28/2010 3:37:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

Try rebooting your machine after the update!
The fonta are included and are being added / registered in the update BUT for some reason on some systems if you start the game after the install, the fonts are not properly registered. The reboot takes care of this.

LOL, silly me assumed that you had probably already done this.

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Box Text Problem (8/30/2010 1:24:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yearworld

Thanks Marshall. It worked :)

No problem!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI