A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support

JapLance -> A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (8/26/2010 12:43:49 PM)

To make it short, it looks ugly since I installed the newest drivers for my graphic card, an NVIDIA Geforce 8500GT.

[image]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z92/JapLance/temporal/TOAW.png[/image]
[image]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z92/JapLance/temporal/TOAW2.png[/image]

It all looks that bad, and makes the game unplayable.

The strangest part is that I tried running with the older exe that installed in my TOAW folder (3.3.0.6.zip) and it looks OK.

Any ideas?

Telumar -> RE: A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (8/26/2010 9:47:29 PM)

Maybe: Try setting the brightness and contrast in the game options to something (not too much). Close the game. Restart game, set them to zero. Close Game. Restart game.

Just an idea.. I once tweaked with this values and the results looked similar.

ralphtricky -> RE: A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (8/27/2010 5:02:48 AM)

You could also try turning off the PNG support in the player options, or reverting to an older drive.

JapLance -> RE: A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (8/27/2010 7:05:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

Maybe: Try setting the brightness and contrast in the game options to something (not too much). Close the game. Restart game, set them to zero. Close Game. Restart game.

Just an idea.. I once tweaked with this values and the results looked similar.

Thanks Telumar, that made it. Somehow they got changed (probably by mistake when I changed the delay the tool tip show), and the thing is that I had toyed with those values, but I expected them to work straight away, instead of after a restart. Restoring them to 100 and restarting did the trick.

Thanks to ralphtrick as well for a speedy answer. Congratulations on the new 3.4 patch, looks like a winner [sm=happy0065.gif].

ralphtricky -> RE: A different sort of problem with 3.4 (graphical) (8/27/2010 3:23:19 PM)

I'm glad it was that simple. It updates the graphics with the new brightness and contrast when they're loaded so that it won't impact performance. I need to get a notice on that dialog that some options will require restarting TOAW.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI