Pathfinding patch release? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem

fmj -> Pathfinding patch release? (9/1/2010 5:07:26 PM)

Purchased LSA on release. Played the first map of the GC as Allies and watched 3 of my vehicles AI completely disregard orders to drive on road. All 3 tanks became bogged.

I haven't played the game since realizing the vehicle pathfinding (game) is broken. I'd like to play a functional game. Any word on when the pathfinding patch will be released? Or should I send my copy back for the full refund you're offering?

Sapa -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/1/2010 11:32:01 PM)

Accordingly to this they are working on a patch [;)]

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2552352

/Mats

Dundradal -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/1/2010 11:59:30 PM)

They said it was in the works. I'm hoping it's coming down the pipeline very soon...

Andrew Williams -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/2/2010 12:32:39 AM)

Undergoing testing

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LSA/vids/LSA1/LSA1.html

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/2/2010 3:17:46 AM)

There are a few more tweaks Steve is making that need to be tested. Once we feel they've undergone sufficient testing we'll release it for Matrix Club members. Once it's available we hope the enhancements that have been made to the pathfinder will sufficiently address everyones prior concerns. We'll leave that to each of you to make up your own minds once you've had a chance to try it out and not try to draw any conclusions for you.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/2/2010 3:29:15 AM)

whereas in the past all conclusions where drawn without any of you having to think individually.

:)

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/2/2010 2:46:56 PM)

[:D] Right.

fmj -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/3/2010 2:44:37 AM)

Er, I conclude that a patch is needed and look forward to its release, sooner the better, so I can play the game I've been wanting to play since its release. Who's on first?

"Sufficient testing" is a few days, weeks, months? I wonder. General ballpark guesstimate would be swell.

Curious as to how/why the game was even released with the current pathfinding issues, but I'm sure thats a whole other story not being discussed. Eh-hem.
[8|]

Southernland -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/3/2010 3:53:46 AM)

Frankly the "pathfinding issues' are exactly the same as every other version in the series which has successfully been played for well over a decade. The Patch though is a leap fowards

Andrew Williams -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/3/2010 3:58:27 AM)

quote:

"pathfinding issues' are exactly the same as every other version

hmmm.... I can't agree with that... pathing and "can't go there" was reported as a problem right from the start of beta testing.

I've been plying a lot of CoI the last few weeks and pathing is not a problem compared with LSA.

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (9/3/2010 2:58:44 PM)

FMJ the tweaks to the pathfinding enhancements I'd mentioned above are done and we're going to do a short bit of testing to be sure they're working correctly so the second update should be forthcoming soon.

fmj -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/6/2010 2:48:08 PM)

Three months since release and counting!

Game was obviously released with broken pathfinding and many bugs. Since this is the fourth CC version I've purchased from Matrix, and a step backwards in playability, Matrix gets a D- score at this point.

Not to be a pri*k but- please release the patch with a bit more urgency than you released this broken game. I think you owe it to those loyal to purchasing your products and a sincere apology wouldn't hurt either.

Now back to playing Achung Pazer- Kharkov 1943 and real gaming innovation.

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/6/2010 5:35:58 PM)

We're never in favor of rushing a release and this update would be no exception. Although we share your anxiousness we needed to make sure this update was as right as we could make it and we had to operate at the pace our testers are able to keep up with. It's a lot of material for them to go through and most of them are very busy with their real lives and at best each are only able to contribute a few hours a week. I'm sure you appreciate all this and understand. We appreciate the patience everyone has given us in waiting for this update.

The update has been posted:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2592573

Please give us your feedback. Thanks!

stolidog -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/6/2010 6:46:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

We're never in favor of rushing a release and this update would be no exception.

Just a suggestion, but maybe Matrix needs to take the same approach in releasing a game before its been put through its paces

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/7/2010 2:26:42 AM)

I was using "we're" in the collective sense which was inclusive of Matrix. IMO I think the system they currently have in place is about the best system that can be envisioned without changing their mission or duplicating the manpower or systems of their developers. Testing the dozens of releases they put out each year along with managing a bug tracking system to report and fix bugs for each one of those titles just wouldn't work at that volume of releases. To remain primarily a retailer/distributor and relying on the developers they have relationships with for that feedback on build readiness then the developers relying on their testers for the same is about the best system that can be in place for this. Short of a major overhaul and restructuring or completely different business model for Matrix. My opinions and assumptions anyway.

dutch08 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/9/2010 2:40:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stolidog

quote:

We're never in favor of rushing a release and this update would be no exception.

Just a suggestion, but maybe Matrix needs to take the same approach in releasing a game before its been put through its paces

Ouch.

FWIW, I will never buy another Matrix Games title until reviews tell me the game works and that will require Matrix Games to not rush their initial releases. In order to earn the reputation worthy of the high prices for games here, Matrix Games needs to be as tough on their developers as they are on the forum members.

RD Oddball -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/9/2010 2:04:55 PM)

quote:

I was using "we're" in the collective sense which was inclusive of Matrix. IMO I think the system they currently have in place is about the best system that can be envisioned without changing their mission or duplicating the manpower or systems of their developers. Testing the dozens of releases they put out each year along with managing a bug tracking system to report and fix bugs for each one of those titles just wouldn't work at that volume of releases. To remain primarily a retailer/distributor and relying on the developers they have relationships with for that feedback on build readiness then the developers relying on their testers for the same is about the best system that can be in place for this. Short of a major overhaul and restructuring or completely different business model for Matrix. My opinions and assumptions anyway.

dutch08 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/9/2010 3:04:09 PM)

Lost cause then. Gotcha.

TheReal_Pak40 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/12/2010 3:33:46 AM)

quote:

Well, then you(they) need to fire the testers. I was able to spot a myriad of bugs upon playing this game for 2-3 days in the GC. Some bugs I can understand but there were some very obvious, game crippling bugs that any competent tester should have found.

Andrew Williams -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/12/2010 3:38:13 AM)

LOL

laws215 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/24/2010 1:54:05 AM)

Just purchased LSA, patched to 5.60.01b. I've played CC since the original BTF, have all the re-releases.

How on earth can pathing still be an issue? I order a vehicle to move 100 meters on a straight line, on a paved road, and it hangs a hard right, over a stonewall, into a field, etc. etc. It's the SAME pathing issue that's forever plagued this series.

Not talking about a complex route and I understand experience levels... 100 meters straight down on a paved road! It cripples the game.

Tejszd -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (10/24/2010 3:28:44 AM)

Grab the 5.60.02b to get the path finding fixes....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2592573

laws215 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (11/2/2010 12:24:56 PM)

How do I get the B patch? I joined the member's club (I think) but haven't received any additional login info. Blood type needed? First born required? Thanks in advance.

e_barkmann -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (11/2/2010 1:07:41 PM)

log into the members area, register the CC LSA serial number, log out, log back in again and you should then see the beta download available.

cheers

laws215 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (11/2/2010 3:38:27 PM)

Tnx for the reply.

Registered, logged out, logged in and only thing I see is "Last Stand Arnhem v5.60.021 Public Beta"

I should see "5.60.02b" correct?

Andrew Williams -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (11/2/2010 7:56:09 PM)

v5.60.021 Public Beta is the latest as replaces 5.60.02b

laws215 -> RE: Pathfinding patch release? (11/6/2010 11:38:59 PM)

Tnx again. After playing 5.60.021 for a while, this is an excellent fix. Pathfinding is significantly improved and LSA is absolutely the crown jewel of CC.

Great job Matrix.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI