Problems in Making new ships (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Xkill -> Problems in Making new ships (9/9/2010 11:56:19 PM)

Hey, i've just logged in a game called StarSonata, and some of its ships are REALLY cool, and i've wondered if i could put them in the DW universe, however, the Customization Guide doens't explain much accuratelly the Transparency Thing i'll put the line here:

"Image backgrounds should be set to Full Transparency.To improve performance,the usage of partial transparency (Variable-Level Alpha Channel) within images should be kept to a minimum"

This may look like a n00b question but the images are so cool that i've even examined the Original images of the game

Also i've forgot to say: The images look like a normal picture of a ship and not spaceships like the ones included in the game.

Slyke57 -> RE: Problems in Making new ships (9/10/2010 2:42:00 PM)

Transparent backgrounds of the image mean the space around the main image of the ship itself.
For example:
[image]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/slyke57/Anime/hj/NormandySR1flattened.png[/image]
All you see is the ship you do not see a background to this image, you see the color of the website.
That is because the background is transparent.  You need a program with the ability to implicate and save with transparency.
If the background was white, then you would see a white square around the ship in the game, which is no good xD
I hope I answered your question.

Shark7 -> RE: Problems in Making new ships (9/10/2010 3:57:22 PM)

Basically you need to use a graphics program to turn the picture into an optimized .png with alpha channel transparency.

That means taking a program like Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop, clearing out all of the background image, then running a .png optimizer to set the transparency.

Another method is to make a 3d model and use the programs rendering software to render the picture as a .png.

Obviously making ship art can get involved, and there are others here that can explain it much better than I can.

Xkill -> RE: Problems in Making new ships (9/10/2010 5:13:45 PM)

Thanks, i'll look at these programs, thanks for responding my question.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI