How Did You Hear of DW?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Xydonus -> How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 11:55:27 AM)

Just bought this game yesterday, and so far I'm loving it. The potential in this game is huge along with the potential future features that it may contain. I already consider this far superior to my other favorite, GalCiv...

If there is one thing that's been bugging me since I bought this game, its the lack of advertisement.

I found out about this game by pure chance alone, after doing a quick search in google for 'Top Games of 2010', and if it wasn't for my rather uncanny patience by scrolling down the list of hundreds of games, I probably would never had made a purchase...

Which suggests to me that lack of advertisement will have a negative effect on sales, and a negative effect on sales may damage the game in the long run, something I don't want to see, considering how much I've fallen in love now with this very game [8D]...

So, after doing a quick check on the forums to see if a similar thread exists, I would like to do a poll of sorts on how you became aware of this game, heck... It may even help the Devs understand how their game is being discovered.

WoodMan -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 12:33:15 PM)

Heard about it in Soase forum I think [;)]

Darkshado -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 1:07:51 PM)

Space Empires forum in my case.

b0mber -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 2:37:10 PM)

Blood Bowl forums by WoodMan ^^

WoodMan -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 3:03:43 PM)

quote:

Blood Bowl forums by WoodMan ^^

[:D]

Shark7 -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 4:03:51 PM)

Happened to see the DW forum pop-up one day when browsing to the WiTP forum so stopped in for a look. [:)]

Spacecadet -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 4:25:00 PM)

Funny, I thought there was a thread some time back similar to this but I can't seem to find it.

MOO3 Forums for me.

avdpos -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 5:43:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkshado

Space Empires forum in my case.

same for me

JosEPhII -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 5:57:20 PM)

The Old MoO3 Forum before Atari killed it.

JosEPh

HsojVvad -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 7:12:06 PM)

I first herd about it in the MOO3 forums, but it was a new game which the title coldn't be mentioned and I forgot about it. Then someone mentioned it on the Birth of the Federation forum, and that is when I came and got the game.

martok -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 8:53:55 PM)

I first heard about the game over at the Wargamer. A few of us had (ironically enough) been discussing Matrix's other 4x title Armada 2526. During the course of that conversation, a couple WG'ers mentioned being beta-testers for Distant Worlds. After hearing their description for it, I just had to check it out! [8D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

I first herd about it in the MOO3 forums, but it was a new game which the title coldn't be mentioned and I forgot about it. Then someone mentioned it on the Birth of the Federation forum, and that is when I came and got the game.

[:)]

Cosian -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/18/2010 9:11:36 PM)

I have a number of Matrix Games and check their site every now and then. Saw it here. But your right....you have to stumble on it...

Simulation01 -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 4:43:24 AM)

I was lamenting the lack of good games one day and desperately began a Google search for Strategy games....after scrolling and scrolling  and clicking link after link I finally found one for Distant Worlds.  I am truly looking forward to the expansion!

the1sean -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 12:14:23 PM)

Armada 2526 Forums, Woodman again!

J HG T -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 1:03:40 PM)

Local gaming magazine called PELIT. Good thing they also play games made by smaller companies. I'd probably never heard of DW or SR2 if they had not wrote reviews of them.

WoodMan -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 2:10:25 PM)

quote:

lol, I think I never played Armada 2526 or visited the forum, it must be a different WoodMan this time [:D]

Xydonus -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 6:43:41 PM)

Interesting, seems a lot have heard about it from the Matrix Forums...

Hertston -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/19/2010 9:41:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xydonus
Interesting, seems a lot have heard about it from the Matrix Forums...

Expected really, a lot of folks here are Matrix fans in general and will check out any new game they release, even if it's a genre outside of their usual interests. Pretty much everybody is a wargames fan, but most play other strategy games of assorted flavours as well.

the1sean -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/20/2010 5:22:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

quote:

lol, I think I never played Armada 2526 or visited the forum, it must be a different WoodMan this time [:D]

Wiiiieeerrrd!

ductape -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/20/2010 7:16:08 AM)

Bay 12 Games Forum, home of Dwarf Fortress

tjhkkr -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/21/2010 4:40:24 AM)

I was looking for lots a planets for the Rebellion to hide in and stumbled on to this.[:D]

Wenla -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 1:03:00 PM)

EU III forum

MaxyGamer -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 2:39:09 PM)

I constantly google for any news about some new space strategy game. So google did it for me.

By the way, Joseph... I read all posts and AARs on moo3 atari forums. Been there for some years without actually feeling the need to post anything. Never even logged on. I am telling you man... if you'r indeed that very same joseph then you ARE one of the most dedicated moo3 gamers out there. Fighting for moo3 all over the net..posting somewhere about how moo3 changed with all the fan made mods. hehe quite commendable :)

I spent so many hours on that game. It looked afwul..but had something to keep me going back to it... I have this love and hate thing about moo3.

Nevertheless, personaly, even with all those dedicate fan modifications and fixes, I consider it a failure. Still angry with it.

Haree78 -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 3:17:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

Heard about it in Soase forum I think [;)]

You play Blood Bowl, Sins and Distant Worlds....
I wonder if you are like my Tyler Durden?

2guncohen -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 3:33:32 PM)

Rock Paper Shotgun

Groovynatureguy -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 4:25:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JosEPh_II

The Old MoO3 Forum before Atari killed it.

JosEPh

Sad thing indeed... So Joseph a Moo3 mod would be cool no?

nammafia -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 5:23:06 PM)

SOASE forum.

shinobu -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/23/2010 7:46:57 PM)

Galactic Civilizations forum...

Igard -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/24/2010 12:09:37 AM)

I can't remember the site, but I saw screenshots on some review site back at the start of the year. I remember thinking something along the lines of 'That could be good if they do it right, which they probably won't' (ever the pessimist). Glad to say now I was proved wrong.

Bozz -> RE: How Did You Hear of DW?? (9/26/2010 10:46:02 AM)

I was looking for a new 4x space empire game on google and I found infos about DW it was some months before the realase of the game, It was very difficult to wait until I can get it, I bought it when 1.0.4 came out.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI