bomb loadout question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Moss Orleni -> bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 12:51:37 PM)

Hi all,

Until recently, I thought that aircraft that have a torpedo-carrying capacity and bomb non-naval targets or bomb naval targets with torpedoes switched off, use the reduced bomb load as indicated in the aircraft data.
However, recently I've seen Nells attacking an airfield (at normal range) with a 2x250kg and 4x60kg bomb loadout, which is different from the reduced loadout of 2x250kg.
Does anybody know how to find out the 'normal' bomb loadout (ie not the reduced one) for torpedo aircraft performing a normal range bomb attack?

Cheers,

Moss

Misconduct -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 1:59:48 PM)

Good question, I'd like to know.

morganbj -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 2:03:41 PM)

That's funny. In my game none of the planes are loaded, but their crews are.

castor troy -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 2:32:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

Hi all,

Until recently, I thought that aircraft that have a torpedo-carrying capacity and bomb non-naval targets or bomb naval targets with torpedoes switched off, use the reduced bomb load as indicated in the aircraft data.
However, recently I've seen Nells attacking an airfield (at normal range) with a 2x250kg and 4x60kg bomb loadout, which is different from the reduced loadout of 2x250kg.
Does anybody know how to find out the 'normal' bomb loadout (ie not the reduced one) for torpedo aircraft performing a normal range bomb attack?

Cheers,

Moss

the 2x250kg + 4x60kg doesnīt seem to be the reduced load as this is also what Nells drop on "non-torpedo" normal range naval attacks, which means this must be the bomb load for normal range as I had ships being hit by 60kg bombs.

Non torpedo doesnīt automatically mean reduced load anymore it seems.

Moss Orleni -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 2:37:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

the 2x250kg + 4x60kg doesnīt seem to be the reduced load as this is also what Nells drop on "non-torpedo" normal range naval attacks, which means this must be the bomb load for normal range as I had ships being hit by 60kg bombs.

That is indeed what I observed.
My question is: apart from checking the combat execution/report, how can you know what the normal range bomb load is for a certain torpedo plane? (and is it mission-specific?)

Cheers,

Moss

castor troy -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 2:40:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

That is indeed what I observed.
My question is: apart from checking the combat execution/report, how can you know what the normal range bomb load is for a certain torpedo plane? (and is it mission-specific?)

Cheers,

Moss

if it isnīt shown in the airplane info screen ingame, then the only way is to look into the editor.

Moss Orleni -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 2:56:18 PM)

Hm, just checked the editor: only normal torpedo and reduced (bomb) loads are given, I find no trace of normal bomb load...

Moss

michaelm75au -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/22/2010 3:54:12 PM)

Replacement load for torpedo is usually:
Allied - 1 or 2 x 500lb bombs
Japanese - 1 x 800kg,
or 1 or 2 x 250kg for non-LBA
or 1 or 2 x 250kg and 2 or 4 x 60kg for LBA

The settings are for normal range and and over normal respectively.

We had to make a generalized call on what constituted a normal bomb load when flying without torps.

Moss Orleni -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/23/2010 6:39:01 AM)

Thanks very much for the info Michael!

Cheers,

Moss

d0mbo -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/23/2010 8:26:16 AM)

And those 800KG bombs (dropped by kates) HURT!

Shark7 -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/23/2010 3:13:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bjmorgan

That's funny. In my game none of the planes are loaded, but their crews are.

Sounds like you need to start shipping more bullets and less beer in resupply convoys. [;)]

Shark7 -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/23/2010 3:15:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Imagine how bad it would be for allies if the Val/Judy/Grace carried a 500kg (1100 lbs) bomb for a default load...they'd be on par with the Dauntless then. [:)]

castor troy -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/23/2010 4:23:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: d0mbo

Imagine how bad it would be for allies if the Val/Judy/Grace carried a 500kg (1100 lbs) bomb for a default load...they'd be on par with the Dauntless then. [:)]

Well, I donīt want to shock you but...... the Judy carries exactly this bomb by default! [:'(]

tigercub -> RE: bomb loadout question (9/24/2010 12:43:17 AM)

i have 6 RD factorys working on the judy because of this it will make a big increase in firepower for the jap flattops.

Tigercub

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI