Ranges (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath

RocketMan -> Ranges (10/4/2010 11:47:25 PM)

I am playing version V1.80-Beta and have some questions about ranges. First for Paradrop -

From the manual:

8.10 PARADROP
This action is available for Airborne Divisions only. Select the Division, then click
this button, and a range of highlighted hexes will be displayed (up to 20).

From the whatsnew.pdf section V1.60- October 2, 2009:

Para-drop range reduced to 12

But when I click on a Paratrooper unit it only shows a range of 7. Is 7 the new paradrop range or is the range dependent on tech level (current techs are Artillery 1, Armor 2 and Aircraft 2) and if so, what are the ranges by tech level and what tech or techs affect the range?

Edit: I figured this one out. consts.csv lists air unit ranges multiplier by tech level: for level 1 to 5 it is 0.4, 0.6, 0.9, 1.0 and 1.3. It also lists paradrop range as 12, so 12*.6=7 for tech 2 air units, which is what I am seeing in game.

For air unit ranges, the manual states:

9.1 AIR STRIKE
Clicking this button will perform an Air Strike. You have
to have your own Air unit within range (20 hexes or less).

whatsnew.pdf section V1.60- October 2, 2009 states that:

Air units range dependable on Air technology

but no other information is given. When I hover the mouse over my tech 2 bomber I am told the range is 11. Do these ranges change for both rebase and ground attack and what exactly are the ranges for rebase and ground attack by tech level?

Edit: consts.csv lists "Fighters intercept range/tact bombers attack range" as 20, so for tech 2 units this works out to be 20*.6=12, which obviously doesn't equal 11. I also loaded the 1944 scenario as the allies and checked their Tac Bomber range at tech level 4 and it was correct at 20*1.0=20. Is the 11 number for tech 2 a bug or is there something I am missing?

Range of fleet attack. From the manual:

10.8 ATTACK ENEMY FLEET
This allows an Air Unit to attack an enemy fleet in a specified sea zone. Attacks
can be made in any sea zone within 20 hexes of the Air Unit.

However, the maximum distance from a sea hex that a unit is capable of performing a fleet attack is 6. Is this based on tech level as well? And if so, what exactly are the ranges by tech level?

Edit: I can't find anything in consts.csv that seems to control this range, so I still need some clarification on this one.

Air interception. The manual states in section 9.1:

If there are any enemy Air units within range, one will try to intercept

However no range is given. What is the interception range by tech level? Is it different for air strike and strategic bombardment?

Also, the whatsnew.pdf states:

Fighters will intercept enemy aircraft trying to attack bombers

What is the range of this interception by tech level and does it vary by tech level? And what range must fighters be from a target hex (or is it based on the some other distance?) of a strategic bombardment to intercept it?

Edit: consts.cvs lists "Fighters intercept range" as 20, so 20 multiplied by the "air units range multiplier" should give the intercept range, right?

And lastly (for now), the manual states:

7.2 STRATEGIC BOMBARDMENT
This action is available only on enemy-controlled Cities. You have to have a Strategic Bomber
within range (40 hexes or less).

I don't have any Strategic Bombers in my game so I can't check this, but what are the actual ranges by tech level for Strategic Bombardment?

I know this is a lot of questions, but I would really appreciate it if somebody could take the time to answer them. Thanks in advance for your time.

Edit: consts.csv lists the "Strat. Bombers attack range" as 40 which checks out in the 1944 scenario for the British with a tech 4 air level.

Uxbridge -> RE: Ranges (10/6/2010 11:21:33 AM)

You seem to have found most of the answers yourself. No, I don't know the answer to the intercept range either, but I suppose it is calculated as the reacting unit's normal combat range in relation to the target proximity; i.e. if the unit can reach the friendly unit being attacked, it can also intervene. .

doomtrader -> RE: Ranges (10/6/2010 2:21:38 PM)

It seems like you have answered yourself most of the issues before I got a chance for that, so I'll write only about what you didn't find.

quote:

10.8 ATTACK ENEMY FLEET
This allows an Air Unit to attack an enemy fleet in a specified sea zone. Attacks
can be made in any sea zone within 20 hexes of the Air Unit.

However, the maximum distance from a sea hex that a unit is capable of performing a fleet attack is 6. Is this based on tech level as well? And if so, what exactly are the ranges by tech level?

This value is in consts.csv in lines 283 and 284
#Ships air attack range (int)

quote:

Air interception. The manual states in section 9.1:

If there are any enemy Air units within range, one will try to intercept

However no range is given. What is the interception range by tech level? Is it different for air strike and strategic bombardment?

Also, the whatsnew.pdf states:

Fighters will intercept enemy aircraft trying to attack bombers

What is the range of this interception by tech level and does it vary by tech level? And what range must fighters be from a target hex (or is it based on the some other distance?) of a strategic bombardment to intercept it?

All of that is based on the fighters range and distance between targeted hex and a unit.

On the other things you have found proper answers by yourself.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI