Modding? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Tech Support

tayete -> Modding? (10/12/2010 9:59:09 AM)

I love the art direction of this game, but there is something that bugs me a lot being an artist as I am: the splash screen. Though I respect a lot the painter who created it, it doesn't fit too well with the rest of the game.

I intended to create one on my own, but it appears to be nowhere in Win 7. Is it embedded inside the game or in a DLL or something?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!

mercenarius -> RE: Modding? (10/12/2010 9:52:49 PM)

The splash screen is indeed embedded and you cannot replace it. There are no art resources in "Hannibal" which can be modified.

It could be worse. You might love the splash screen and hate the rest of the art. That would really cause unhappiness.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Modding? (10/13/2010 12:48:11 AM)

With that said, if you decide to take a crack at it and it turns out very well, we could certainly add it to the game as an alternate splash screen and perhaps rotate between them.

sterckxe -> RE: Modding? (10/13/2010 1:52:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
With that said, if you decide to take a crack at it

That's the correct term if you want to replace an embedded graphic in an exe. It can be done of course, but will require some nifty ASM coding skills, a decompiler and a good hex editor.

Short : it ain't worth it - just close your eyes when the game loads [;)]

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

tayete -> RE: Modding? (10/13/2010 5:04:48 PM)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Well, I will give it a try as Erik says!

NefariousKoel -> RE: Modding? (10/13/2010 6:40:15 PM)

I've been baffled as to an intro splash screen driving people crazy. Don't you just charge right through them? Oh well, to each his own. [sm=innocent0009.gif]

tayete -> RE: Modding? (10/13/2010 7:18:37 PM)

I prefer to flank them...you know, wargames are my 2nd passion, 1st being painting [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI