Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

veldek01 -> Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/23/2010 3:20:14 PM)

I cannot keep Katherine base supply …! Why?[&:]

I have 86118 supplies in Darwin
I have 953 supplies in Katherine I ask for 18624!
The supplies at Katherine does not seem to go up!

I have two LCU in Katherine:
Eng 10th PATI RAAF WING
NW AUS AVIATION RGT.

What I’m doing wrong! Help.

Thank you

Alpha77 -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/23/2010 3:24:36 PM)

I tried it and it seems to work for supplies, you need to jugle with the "need supply" function and try to make a chain. This is not for fuel, fuel needs to be transorted by ship to Darwin still. But supplies should reach these towns per land/rail I found out....

pompack -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/23/2010 3:47:36 PM)

While it is a gross over-simplification of the supply movement algorithms, consider the following

1. Supply will move from any base to any LCU within range NOT in a base, up to the supply need of the LCU over a five day cycle

2. Supply will NOT move from a base with less than its required supply (3X listed need plus 25k (IIRC) for a theater command LCU if present) to any other base

So looking at number 2 I have to ask what the listed supply requirement for Darwin is and if there is a command LCU present there. Darwin, even at 86118 supplies, will NOT supply any base if its listed requirement exceeds 28702 even without a command LCU present.

Also the road/rail configuration in North Oz is such that supplies will not naturally flow past Alice unless you "pump" the supply line as Alpha77 noted (and I will say that under the latest patch I have not had any success "pumping" this route). Therefore unless you have excess supplies at Darwin it is unlikely that any northern base (or LCU in a base) will be supplied

crsutton -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/23/2010 8:39:59 PM)

I believe one of the recent patches severly limited the supply flow from Tennant creek to N Oz. (Anyone?) Bear in mind that you will not be able to support land units of any number via that route. Does not matter how many HQ or they way you try to manipulate supply draw. If Japanese player has invested a heavy enough force in N OZ the only viable route to retake Darwin is by sea.

Andy Mac -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/23/2010 8:44:33 PM)

True you need to build base AF's and Forts up to represent improveing the LOC before troops can be sustained on these routes

tigercub -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/24/2010 12:22:28 AM)

and thats the way it should be up there...

Dobey455 -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/24/2010 3:05:28 AM)

Also bear in mind that I believe in some areas supply moves weekly rather than daily.

Smeulders -> RE: Cannot keep Katherine Supplie? (10/24/2010 8:55:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dobey

Also bear in mind that I believe in some areas supply moves weekly rather than daily.

Depends on the distance, the roads and the kind of hexes in between. I'd guess supply movement over the trails over that distance is daily or at least three times a week.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI