Saved games affected by patches? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

Bax -> Saved games affected by patches? (8/20/2002 8:25:09 PM)

Hey guys, this is my first post after having played UV for a couple weeks. When I first got the game, I patched it up to 1.20. Now that 1.30 is out, will I still be able to play my saved games, or do I have to start over?

I'm kicking fanny and taking names as the Japanese in scenario 17, and would not like to start over if at all possible.

Thanks in advance! :)

Spooky -> Re: Saved games affected by patches? (8/20/2002 9:04:52 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bax
[B]Hey guys, this is my first post after having played UV for a couple weeks. When I first got the game, I patched it up to 1.20. Now that 1.30 is out, will I still be able to play my saved games, or do I have to start over?

I'm kicking fanny and taking names as the Japanese in scenario 17, and would not like to start over if at all possible.

Thanks in advance! :) [/B][/QUOTE]

AFAIK, you could still use your old saved games with the new 1.3 patch.

However, the OOB changes (ie : armour/gun changes, ...) will only take place when you start a new game.

Joel Billings -> (8/20/2002 10:22:37 PM)

Spooky is correct.

jhdeerslayer -> (8/20/2002 10:56:34 PM)

Curious... What happens when one PBEM player (Allies) is at 1.3 and the other is at 1.2 (Japanese). From my experience, nothing bad but was surprised I didn't get a warning or something. Is one player considered the "move calculation PC" and the revision on that PC is the revision the "turn" will be at?

This excludes OOB issues of course.

Moot point anyway as next file we'll both be at 1.3 but just wondering how this works.

Joel Billings -> (8/20/2002 11:37:43 PM)

The Japanese player is the computer that calculates the official turn. If using different versions, than the US replay will probably be off. Also, some things that happen during the orders phase would be based on the version being used during each orders phase.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI