Arralens oob 4.402 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Alby -> Arralens oob 4.402 (12/11/2000 5:11:00 AM)

JpzIVa is airplane icon, someone said due to not having newest icons, which i believe i have. 1-17 1 and 2 icons i have. please advise whether its oob error or I have some faulty icons somewhere.. Thanks. Alby PS..regarding icons...is the lastest 2 files dated 11-17 all you need install to get em right or do you also need the ones dated before these? [This message has been edited by Alby (edited December 10, 2000).]

Warhorse -> (12/11/2000 5:51:00 AM)

If you have never downloaded any of the icon packages except the two you referred to, you will no doubt be missing some icons, or at least some updates!! Start at the earliest ones on the pages, and work up to the 11-17, also another for the Italians should be up soon as the fellah's can post them [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]There are 6 packages you need total, then the Italians. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Alby -> (12/11/2000 9:29:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: If you have never downloaded any of the icon packages except the two you referred to, you will no doubt be missing some icons, or at least some updates!! Start at the earliest ones on the pages, and work up to the 11-17, also another for the Italians should be up soon as the fellah's can post them [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]There are 6 packages you need total, then the Italians.
Ok cool so i should go thru and reinstall all of them ok thanks pal...wondering why someone who never downloaded any of those icons would see a plane also?, guy i played today. Alby [This message has been edited by Alby (edited December 10, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Alby (edited December 10, 2000).]

Arralen -> (12/11/2000 9:39:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: There are 6 packages you need total, then the Italians.
But I do count only 5 packages at Fabios site .. ??? Arralen

Bing -> (12/11/2000 9:43:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: But I do count only 5 packages at Fabios site .. ??? Arralen
Some Panters, including myuself, would like to take advantage of the updates available, but we're not sure which or how many files we ought to be downloading. How about a list ... 1 ... 2 ... 3... so on, of the files we should have? Thanks, I really look forward to the new icons and OOB's. Bing

Kharan -> (12/11/2000 10:04:00 AM)

Can't all the new icons (and scenarios and campaigns?) be put in 4.5 patch? By the way, since the patch release is dragging on, can we expect a simultaneus release of the final OOB's and the patch in one package on the 18th day? [This message has been edited by Kharan (edited December 10, 2000).]

Alby -> (12/11/2000 10:23:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: But I do count only 5 packages at Fabios site .. ??? Arralen
There are 6 at tankheads, one has no date tho

Alby -> (12/11/2000 12:02:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: If you have never downloaded any of the icon packages except the two you referred to, you will no doubt be missing some icons, or at least some updates!! Start at the earliest ones on the pages, and work up to the 11-17, also another for the Italians should be up soon as the fellah's can post them [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]There are 6 packages you need total, then the Italians.
Installed all the icons, JPZ IVA still a russian jet it appears, looks like error in 4.4.02oobs somehow [This message has been edited by Alby (edited December 11, 2000).]

Arralen -> (12/11/2000 7:56:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Kharan: Can't all the new icons .. be put in 4.5 patch?By the way, since the patch release is dragging on, can we expect a simultaneus release of the final OOB's and the patch in one package on the 18th day?
That's what's intended as far as I know [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Arralen

Warhorse -> (12/11/2000 10:09:00 PM)

Guy's, it is very confusing, I admit, what I'll try to do is contact Fabio and Rick tonite, and just make a patch with ALL the icons, it will be about 4 seperate zips, this way everyone will have the latest, sound good?! As for future icon patches, I will label them Brit, USA, so forth and so on!! If you are still seeing the airplane, must've rewrote over the one with an old one, mine are ok. This is why I will try to release all. Sorry these aren't in coordination with oob releases, but with the cooperation of Fabio and Rick, I'm able to post these as I get them done, not wait a month or whatever for 'official' releases. As mentioned before, I am the icon man on the team, so these are not some third party graphics that might overwrite existing unit icons, so go ahead and get 'em!! Enjoy!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Bing -> (12/11/2000 11:33:00 PM)

Mike, the idea of establishing a group of zip files to D/L sounds great to me. I would like to have these files, per above no idea which I need and which might cause confusion. Thanks and I'll look forward to the posting, Bing

Alby -> (12/12/2000 12:59:00 AM)

Ok Guys.....uninstalled spwaw, then reinstalled, then installed all icons in the order they should be installed, then installed newest oob 4.4.02, German JPZ iv/A is still an airplane.(Also an airplane icon without any new icons installed.) replaced newest oobs with version 4.4 oobs, Jpz iv/A back to normal looking icon, so, looks to me like it has nothing to do with warhorses icons, but something in the oob files to me. Appreciate the effort to get corrected german oobs out there though, dont get me wrong!...Just passing on some info.. Alby

Warhorse -> (12/12/2000 1:33:00 AM)

Alby, the number Arralen has for the icon is correct,so.... Most likely, maybe I forgot a shp or something, but don't think so. Waiting for word from Fabio and Rick regarding the icon idea, so stay tuned. This would ensure you all have all the current ones [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] A way to check for sure is, in every zip file, I include a txt file with all the new/revised icons included in that file, would someone be so kind as to let me know if the Pzjg IVA is in there? I delete those zips after I send them, as they would get confusing, I have two versions of the game already loaded, and multiple folders of bitmaps and icon projects going on, so any help would be appreciated!! Thanks ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Lars Remmen -> (12/12/2000 2:57:00 AM)

Hello, As far as I can tell icon# 298, which is the # the JpZ IV/70 (A) refers to, is not in any of the zip files. ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide

Warhorse -> (12/12/2000 3:24:00 AM)

Lars, thanks for the check-out!! Guess I musta been slackin' [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Will remedy this ASAP!! My apologies. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Alby -> (12/12/2000 4:22:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Warhorse: Lars, thanks for the check-out!! Guess I musta been slackin' [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Will remedy this ASAP!! My apologies.
YOU DA MAN!!

Tsknrdr -> (12/12/2000 5:06:00 AM)

The Tracked FO still doesn't work as an FO (It has normal arty response times not FO response times) FYI a quick and dirty work around that I found is to reclass the Tracked FOs as wheeled FOs (eg Kublewagen FO). This gives them the proper response time.

Arralen -> (12/12/2000 4:03:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by Tsknrdr: The Tracked FO still doesn't work as an FO (It has normal arty response times not FO response times)FYI a quick and dirty work around that I found is to reclass the Tracked FOs as wheeled FOs (eg Kublewagen FO
I asked Paul about re-classing the units and was told not to do this ! So this will be fixed in the upcoming patch I think [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] Arralen

Tsknrdr -> (12/13/2000 2:10:00 PM)

Good Stuff! BTW, many Kudos on the stellar and selfless work you have done for the SPWAW community. Three cheers for Arralen. Hip-Hip HOORAY! Hip-Hip HOORAY! Hip-Hip HOORAY!

Arralen -> (12/14/2000 8:14:00 PM)

Hey - stop cheering until OOB v4.4.1.0 is finished .. while v4.4.0.2 and 0.3 (coming soon) are simply bug-fixes on existing units and formations, I'm working on totally new formations for that version. With these formations you'll get distributed heavy weapons platoons with your Inf Co, forward observers and AA integrated into the "normal" Co formations and many things more according to TOE tables. Sadly I've run into various problems with this : - I have to keep general formation contents and availability dates - the AI purchase list must work with that OOB as well as the Battle AI ! I hope I get the last bugfix version done for the patch and the next version sometimes Jan' 2001 ... Arralen

Fredde -> (12/14/2000 9:39:00 PM)

Looking forward to the full version of it. I'll be very happy to get historically accurate formations to play with.. at least for us that play with C&C turned on it matters. I can always edit stuff, and buy the extra sec etc but to get it correctly into the chain of command is worse without having it in the OOB to start with.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI