aircraft weapon facings (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Moss Orleni -> aircraft weapon facings (10/27/2010 8:45:55 PM)

Hi all,

Based on the abbreviations, I assume that the air weapon facings (roughly) correspond to the following:

F Forward
S Side
R Rear
TT Top Turret
BT Bottom Turret
TR Top Rear
BR Bottom Rear
UP Upward Firing
C Coaxial

Do I assume corrrectly?

If so, my question is:

Which aircraft weapon facings would be used in a strafing attack?
More generally, in a ''regular'' air-to-air attack, does relative position impacts which aircraft weapon facings are used?
Thanks & cheers,

Moss

afspret -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (10/28/2010 11:42:34 AM)

Actually, I think C stands for Center, as in mounted on the center line for nose mounted guns on the P-38 & P-39. As far as strafing, C & F would normally be used.

michaelm75au -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (10/28/2010 2:28:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

More generally, in a ''regular'' air-to-air attack, does relative position impacts which aircraft weapon facings are used?

Yes, an air attack is determined to come from one direction at a time, and only the weapons that face that direction will fire back.
The turret weapons even if they can fire back, have a random chance that they are pointing in the wrong direction and wont be used in that attack.

Moss Orleni -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (10/28/2010 3:56:02 PM)

Interesting info, thx!

So the ''strafing gun value'' or ''air attack'' value would be something like F+C+Rnd(TT)+Rnd(BT), that is, assuming that the abbreviations are correct?

Cheers,

Moss

sbetsa -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (11/6/2010 2:53:24 PM)

hmmm

Shark7 -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (11/6/2010 4:02:55 PM)

C = Center

If one were to put in an aircraft with cowling mounted guns, they would be center too, since they are along the fuselage axis...

C = Center = Coaxial = Cowling, oh my! [:D]

Mac Linehan -> RE: aircraft weapon facings (11/6/2010 7:16:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

Yes, an air attack is determined to come from one direction at a time, and only the weapons that face that direction will fire back.
The turret weapons even if they can fire back, have a random chance that they are pointing in the wrong direction and wont be used in that attack.

michaelm - as always, I am impressed with the attention to, and appreciative of, all the myriad details - small and large, - that make AE such a phenomenal game.

You, Sir, are the Man!

Le Mac (that's French for "Mac") <grin>

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI