I made this a while ago, enjoy! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

WoodMan -> I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/27/2010 10:26:11 PM)

A new galaxy backdrop for you, was originally going to be part of my Andromeda Project mod, but because of technical reasons I've put that on hold, however, I've been using this backdrop in-game for a while and I've come to like it a lot. It was a telescope photo of possibly the oort cloud (sp?) but can't remember what it was for sure. I sized it up, smoothed it out and edited out every single star by hand, which took a long time!

I hope you enjoy, cheers!

[image]http://i51.tinypic.com/rlclnd.jpg[/image]

[image]local://upfiles/35265/8FE81EB560594B20B40B3FC186DDA0F8.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/28/2010 12:37:57 AM)

Nice indeed, Woodman. Thank you.

Though it's not the Oort cloud. That is the large cloud of ice and dust that surrounds the solar system, further out than the keiper belt.

I believe that's the Crab Nebula, if I'm not mistaken.

tjhkkr -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/28/2010 3:42:52 AM)

Good call on identifying the source... I think that is the Crab Nebula.
By the way Woodman, that look sharp.

What do you have to change to put that or other backgrounds onto the game system?

WoodMan -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/28/2010 8:22:38 AM)

Hey tj,

To put in a new background: Distant Worlds/images/environment/galaxybackdrops/galaxy_backdrop.jpg

Just backup the file already there and place the new one in its place.  You will see several images in the folder, they look like old, unused images made by Codeforce, the only one that actually does anything in-game is the one named galaxy_backdrop.jpg

Hope this helps [;)]

tjhkkr -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/28/2010 5:40:28 PM)

Thank you very much!
[:)]

tjhkkr -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/29/2010 2:08:07 AM)

I have been looking around at other Nebula pictures...
Man there are some fantastic looking photos out there.
And I also noticed the amount of work it must have taken to remove all the stars from the Crab Nebula photo you have provided.
Nice work! [8D]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/29/2010 6:20:38 AM)

Kudos Woodman! Great work! [&o]

Igard -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (10/29/2010 2:08:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I have been looking around at other Nebula pictures...
Man there are some fantastic looking photos out there.
And I also noticed the amount of work it must have taken to remove all the stars from the Crab Nebula photo you have provided.

Indeed, it must have taken a great deal of time and effort to create this. Big kudos to WoodMan.

I've also looked around for high resolution images of galaxies and nebulae. I like to play small size games with nebula backdrops and large games 1000+ stars with galaxy backdrops. It occurs to me that it might be a good idea to add a couple of buttons to the galaxy setup screen to make it easier to change between them.

You can get some nice astronomy desktop backgrounds here:-

http://www.caedes.net/Zephir.cgi?lib=Caedes::Gallery&gallery=space&page=1

Setekh -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (12/14/2010 6:19:50 AM)

Ok, I downloaded this image and replaced my original backdrop, unfortunately I didn't backup the original in case I didn't like the way the new one worked in-game.
Is there a way to get it back short of reinstalling?

ehsumrell1 -> RE: I made this a while ago, enjoy! (12/14/2010 6:43:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Setekh

Ok, I downloaded this image and replaced my original backdrop, unfortunately I didn't backup the original in case I didn't like the way the new one worked in-game.
Is there a way to get it back short of reinstalling?

Here you go Setekh....Place this jpg file in the ..Images/environment/galaxybackdrops folder

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI