Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

[Poll]

Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1

One Games
  71% (25)
Both Games
  28% (10)

Total Votes : 35
(last vote on : 1/6/2011 3:30:10 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )

Jason Petho -> Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/1/2010 5:55:48 PM)

As many of you know, Modern Wars: Volume I consists of two games.

I am presently in the middle of creating and writing up the Bootcamp Tutorials. I have completed Bootcamp One and started on Bootcamp Two for the Vietnam game.

My question is, should I create another set of Tutorials for the Middle East game as well, or is the Bootcamps that will be available in Vietnam be enough?

Jason Petho

Geomitrak -> RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/1/2010 11:28:44 PM)

I voted for one game. Unless there are significant game-play differences between the two, a single tutorial of the basics should do. And really, it is only the basics you need to teach in this game; the rest is there in the manual. And there's common sense of course...you don't have to be Clausewitz to understand jungle is better concealment than desert. [;)]

Regards

Paul

markw -> RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/2/2010 4:16:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geomitrak

you don't have to be Clausewitz to understand jungle is better concealment than desert. [;)]

I knew I was doing something wrong...

Noypi53 -> RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/2/2010 3:23:35 PM)

I've always considered tutorials as a means to understand the game mechanics. If these are sufficiently shown in the Vietnam scenario, a tutorial in a middle east setting would be unnecessary.

Crossroads -> RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/3/2010 7:44:54 PM)

Voted Two games this time, assuming there would be quite different weapons systems available. I would suggest you start with either bootcamp tutorial, and have the basics only there. Anything extra on the other game, just add them in a manner assuming the players are already familiar with the other?

Borst50 -> RE: Modern Wars: Volume I: Poll 1 (11/19/2010 12:35:42 AM)

I voted both games. Tactics nd weaponry would differ, and i am assuming there are going to be different units that would merit special mention in both eras.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI