How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support

Aerohead -> How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/4/2010 6:26:35 AM)

I just installed Harpoon Ultimate Commander's Edition on a Windows 7 64-bit machine, and I'm noticing the entire bottom of the screen now has what appears to be a auto-scrolling "ad" telling me the benefits of buying Harpoon, along with a listing of Harpoon-relate links. Since I've already purchased the game, I'd like to turn this off! I haven't found any way of doing so yet ... any help would be appreciated!

jomni -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/4/2010 1:36:29 PM)

It's adverstising HCE.  Why should I buy HCE when I have HUCE????

TonyE -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/4/2010 2:43:37 PM)

With the game closed, in the ExportDLLs directory you should find DigMilArt.dll, rename it with a different extension or delete and it will go away (as well as the access to the pretty pictures).

Aerohead -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/4/2010 9:44:11 PM)

Just curious ... will there be an option in the future for accessing the image database without requiring the scrolling "advertisement" area? Or are there plans for using this space for useful game functionality? Right now it's just a distraction, and the "double-click to turn off scrolling" doesn't seem to work for me.
Thanks, Eric

TonyE -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/4/2010 10:49:04 PM)

The space is already useful for game functionality.  I park my windows over it (message log especially).  Sounds reasonable to have a toggle for the scrolling at a future date.

Aerohead -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/5/2010 2:25:11 AM)

I was just wondering if the scrolling text window would ever be used for something in the future. Good point about just covering it up with the message box, though. Had I gotten enough sleep last night I might have thought of that myself!

Hertston -> RE: How to turn off scrolling ad in HUCE? (11/7/2010 8:50:01 AM)

What they said. It's an annoying distraction that serves no useful purpose other than in a demo; and we have all paid already. Please just get rid of it (while retaining access to the art, obviously).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI