RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 12:21:01 AM)

I have to put the Sona on the back burner I'm afraid. If I were to attempt them, it would be a long term project. I can only find 2 ships to work with, but hey, that's better than nothing. Maybe I can figure something out, but it'll take a while.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

quote:

That episode of Enterprise was just a one off encounter with a small group of drones. They never actually met the collective until TNG episode 'Q Who'.

True.

Sorry, bud. It's not hard to switch races about from mod to mod so you can always play around with it yourself.

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 12:24:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

BTW....keep up the fantastic work Igard... [&o]
Your ships are welcome in the Briar Patch anytime! [:)]

Cheers mate.

Simulation01 -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 12:26:47 AM)

quote:

I'm sorry Simulation01.... Igard has not convened a meeting with me in the
"Face-Stretching" conference room yet concerning adding the Sona! [:D]

BTW....keep up the fantastic work Igard... [&o]
Your ships are welcome in the Briar Patch anytime! [:)]

LOL....my bad.[:D] I didn't mean to stumble over your "Insurrection". ROFLMAO[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 1:40:30 AM)

Kzinti Patriarchy preview

[image]local://upfiles/34469/EC2C77FAD6CF418C9A818AB34E5AEB05.jpg[/image]

Simulation01 -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 1:48:20 AM)

[sm=00000947.gif]

tjhkkr -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/22/2010 6:02:49 PM)

I am looking forward to this mod... and who knows, I may even keep it a ST mod and NOT integrate it to my SW mod. [:D]

That is an excellent job on the Kzintis.

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/23/2010 12:46:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I am looking forward to this mod... and who knows, I may even keep it a ST mod and NOT integrate it to my SW mod. [:D]

That is an excellent job on the Kzintis.

Thanks, tj. From what I know about the Kzinti (I've never seen The Animated Series), they shouldn't really have a navy at this point (they signed a peace treaty with the Federation after they were defeated), but they do build one again at a later time. So who's to say when they start building up their fleet again.

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/26/2010 3:30:59 AM)

Burning the midnight oil to get these previews ready.

Tholians haven't changed much. This is because they're so isolated and not up to speed with the rest of the galaxy so there's only a few changes to their ships over the last century. It's also because I've not got much to work with so I'll need to keep a few ships back for the later eras.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/FC9DB2D24FE0494BB2C26696D2989230.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/26/2010 3:32:11 AM)

Gorn. A bit grey, but big and Gorn-like.

[image]local://upfiles/34469/AF3BBE24077A4BEDB366E71AF330E75C.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/26/2010 3:33:19 AM)

Release coming. Possibly tomorrow, if not Saturday.

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [WIP] Kirk Era - Star Trek (11/26/2010 7:46:51 PM)

You GO fella!

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (11/27/2010 12:46:40 AM)

V1.0 released. Happy trekking.[;)]

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (11/27/2010 12:59:24 AM)

Here's a list of the empires if you want to know what to call them and what governments to use:-

[image]local://upfiles/34469/2E66DE6D837E4394814891B851C3140B.jpg[/image]

tjhkkr -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (11/27/2010 3:26:01 PM)

You da man! [&o]

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/28/2010 12:11:19 PM)

Kirk era is by far my favourite star trek era! I would be thrilled if you ported this into the expansion :)

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/28/2010 2:58:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

Kirk era is by far my favourite star trek era! I would be thrilled if you ported this into the expansion :)

I might do this era before the Archer era then. [;)]

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 4:11:44 PM)

Yes!!! TBH archer is my least favourite of the bunch. Didn't even finish watching the series. If you need any help with this one I would certainly offer some :)

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 4:25:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hewwo

Yes!!! TBH archer is my least favourite of the bunch. Didn't even finish watching the series. If you need any help with this one I would certainly offer some :)

It's just suggestions really hewwo. What races would you like to see? Would you like the Klingons to be less aggressive in this era? Balance adjustments. That sort of thing.

I don't really need help in terms of the mod work, it's pretty easy. If you have any ship images you think I could use or race images (I'm a bit fussy about what qualifies though). Or if you'd like to write some dialog for the races. I'm not so good with that. Just PM me with anything you think I could use. [;)]

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 6:20:58 PM)

Writing I can do, since I work as a freelance-journalist :) I'll take a look at it once you port it. Can't stand playing the original anymore!

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 6:30:30 PM)

Fantastic!! I think the races, I've done dialogue for already are Romulan, Klingon, Gorn and Federation, but if you want to change them, be my guest. I'm not particularly proud of the job I did for them, and the Klingons had slightly different attitudes in this era, so they should probably change to reflect that.

Like I say, anything you can do to help.

I'd like to know if anyone thinks I should release the update in the next day or so, or should I add a couple of races first (maybe a week at the least)? Not everyone will be familiar with TOS aliens, but I was thinking about adding the First Federation (from the episode 'The Corbomite Maneuver') and the Kelvan Empire (from the episode 'By Any Other Name').

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 7:15:21 PM)

I'll be honest: haven't seen much of the original series, but I really like the ship design. Fits much better with DW, which also has an oldskool vibe going for it :D

As for races: andorians, vulcans. And the betelgusians, just because their name is awesome. Also, it would be really cool to have the pirates be orions! And the tribbles should make an appearance :)

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 8:05:39 PM)

They recently re-mastered TOS with CGI for all the space shots. At first I was outraged that they would even contemplate such a thing, but after watching it I changed my mind. They did a very fine job. They treated the source material with  great respect. Let's just say, nothing looks out of place even for a 60's TV show. I'd recommend anyone who enjoys TNG and modern trek, but has never watched TOS to give it a try.

Now, Andorians and Vulcans. The idea here is that the player's race is the Federation which would include those races. The Federation usually absorbs all military into Starfleet after membership is granted. I could add them at some point, but I'd rather build up the races specific for this era first.

Betelguesians (sp?) what a great idea! It's just a case of finding ship images for them and giving them that 60's fashion. I think I can work something out for the Orions too. [;)]

Keep an eye out for Tribbles.

WoodMan -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 8:24:39 PM)

I know this might sound odd, but I would like a Star Trek greatest hits kind of mod.

Federation, Vulcan, Borg, Cardassian, Romulan, Ferangi, Species 8472, Dominion, Klingon, Andorian, Reman (I like those guys), and then fill in the rest with as many minor races from all series as you can.

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/29/2010 8:52:48 PM)

It might sound odd to me, but I think to the casual gamer, it's a very good idea. If no one else does it, then I might make one like this after I've finished all the eras.

I've mentioned before that my ultimate dream mod, would include several different shipsets per race. Once an empire reaches a certain level of technology, the shipset they were using is disabled and the next generation (sorry[:D]) of shipset will become active, thereby creating an ever evolving game.

Also if we were to have a diplomatic option for membership into our empire, then we could see the Vulcans actually joining the Federation, that would be great. Of course, the Vulcans didn't actually join the Federation, they were one of the races that founded it, but that's the idea.

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/30/2010 1:38:14 AM)

Yes! Orions!

Wouldn't it be possible to just put every star trek related race in a single mod? Then, at game set-up, the player can mix& match to his/her hearts content.

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/30/2010 2:05:49 AM)

That might just work now that we've got extra shipsets and races available. I'm committed to  making this era system now, but once I've got enough races, I could certainly throw something together like you're suggesting. You could try it out yourself with what I've done already if you like. [:)]

hewwo -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (12/31/2010 1:46:11 PM)

Yeah, it doesn't sound like a lot of work. On the other hand I'd play without mixing and matching different eras anyway, so for me it wouldn't matter :)

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (1/2/2011 12:15:25 AM)

Orion Preview. Notice how the bigger the ship, the more lavish and expensive it looks, with the exception of the resupply ship that is. [:)]

[image]local://upfiles/34469/FCBABB5AEACC4CC1BECD19B2984ECCCF.jpg[/image]

Igard -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (1/2/2011 12:16:56 AM)

Here's there stats. I'm not sure about these, the Orions are never really at war are they? Also, should they be a non-expanding empire or should they be able to colonise?

[image]local://upfiles/34469/004D1EBF7E7D4B00A4FE7FCBC0C1C2B1.jpg[/image]

ehsumrell1 -> RE: [REL] Kirk Era - Star Trek v1.0 (1/2/2011 12:45:45 AM)

Since they are a slave trading race, how about them being a non-expanding empire
with a Agreeable+ rated homeworld but also set where they can be pirates?
Just a thought! [&:]

BTW, I like your choice of race picture....Sneaky, greedy, untrustworthy smile! WTG!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI