Reviews and Awards for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War

SeanD -> Reviews and Awards for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (11/10/2010 5:42:17 PM)

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/images/awards/gamershall-goty-2010.jpg[/image]

Game Shark's Most Under Appreciated Games of 2010
If this period in history intrigues you, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

88% - Gamer's Hall [Translation]
[Translated from German] Very good AI, sophisticated game mechanics, unique presentation...

TLeaves
Hannibal is a unique little gem of a wargame... I simply can’t recall the last time I’ve seen a tile-based war game that looked this good.

Gamecorner.pl
[Translated from Polish] (Hannibal is) simple and stylized, like the board game, but really deep, which is a real challenge...

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (11/10/2010 7:54:26 PM)

I understand his comments concerning the combat system . . . some of the resolution is open, some still remains under the hood. Have to admit that I don't particularly mind the part that remains under the hood. I don't want to start having to calculate expected losses/hits for each operation prior to starting. However, given my ocd nature I'm pretty sure that I would.

If I want to be a pain the arse (and I am) he stated that the combat system was among the 'games biggest drawbacks' w/o really mentioning another.

Congratulations on the good review, it's well deserved.

SeanD -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (11/12/2010 6:16:44 PM)

Added the Gamer's Hall review.

SeanD -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (12/17/2010 5:26:04 PM)

Added Game Shark's award for the most under appreciated games of 2010!

diablo1 -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (12/18/2010 10:47:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeanD

Added Game Shark's award for the most under appreciated games of 2010!

LOL

SeanD -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (5/10/2011 5:06:42 PM)

Added yet another positive review.

Orm -> RE: Reviews for Hannibal: Rome and Carthage (5/10/2011 6:53:21 PM)

Swedish PC Gamer magazine had a very positive review a couple of months ago.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI