New Site? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Toby42 -> New Site? (11/20/2010 1:46:12 PM)

The new site looks great. But I'm confused about the "Single" sign in?
I'm still having two screen names, one for the forums and one for the Members Area??

(Your Members Club account is now also your Site account, and provides access to many services with one login. If you don't have a Members Club account, just click on the Register link in the top bar and create one!)

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 1:49:04 PM)

Correct, the forum login is still separate (the new Site account/login works for everything else though), but we plan to add the forum accounts into the site login in the future as well, just ran out of time for that in Phase I.

Regards,

- Erik

junk2drive -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 2:19:12 PM)

I was able to log in. It shows 2 games registered that I own. I tried to register BBC BA but it says invalid key. Since the updates come from Slitherine servers I don't suppose I need to worry about this now. I guess you will get both companies integrated at some point.

I also noticed an area for downloading user content like scenarios.

jcrohio -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 2:38:55 PM)

I am getting most of the home page overlayed with recent releases that is covering up a lot of the links. Anyone else getting anything like this? It is happening on two different computers that I own.

Jack

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 2:39:21 PM)

Hi J2D,

If you bought BBC BA in our store, you should be able to register it here. Can you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with the serial number? That should help us figure out what's going on.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 2:40:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio
I am getting most of the home page overlayed with recent releases that is covering up a lot of the links. Anyone else getting anything like this? It is happening on two different computers that I own.

That's a known bug that we're working on; it affects IE 6 and 7 and should only affect the front page. If you have a different browser, please use that for now.

Regards,

- Erik

junk2drive -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 3:02:54 PM)

I double checked and I had bought it from Slitherine. I don't know how this effects people with Slitherine games available from both stores. You may need to add some text to the register page for people to check which place they bought their game from.

Yogi the Great -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 5:23:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Jack

I had the problem (IE8 I think & still with windows XP as well) but I found under tools "compatibility view" was checked on and when I turned it off the overlays went away.

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 5:43:28 PM)

Hi Yogi,

That's true "Compatibility View" will make IE8 behave like IE7 and you'll see the bug. Turning it off will show you the site as intended. We are working to fix it in any case, so that all browsers will see the front page as intended.

Regards,

- Erik

NavalNewZ -> RE: New Site? (11/20/2010 6:46:05 PM)

I find the scrolling screens on the front page very distracting. Is there a way to make these stationary, or could it be added as an option? Disabling Javascript improves things for now...

jcrohio -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 12:32:37 AM)

Thanks Eric for the reply - it is only on the home page and I am using XP and IE 7

Jack

Lützow -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 1:35:18 AM)

Well, from my personal perspective I think the blue bars are too bold and I don't like the vista style. But that is a matter of taste and rather nit-picking for sure. Important thing is that it works and since Matrix refrained from Flash, the site can be viewed on the iPhone as well.

Now it's Marc's turn to make a native iPhone app. [;)]

laskercapa -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 1:56:43 AM)

The shopping cart is apparently being displayed in a frame that is too small for it and doesn't have scrollbars, so amounts and who knows what other info get cut off on the right. Otherwise, the site looks good. This is not easy stuff.

Firefox 3.6.12 (works okay in IE8)

Also, how do you remove an item from the shopping cart? If you set the quantity to 0, it errors, saying the minimum order is 1. But I can find no delete/remove control.

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 2:05:28 AM)

Hi smvance,

The shopping cart issue you describe is something you're only seeing in Firefox? If you see it again, could you please post a screenshot for us too? Is this dependent on the number of products in the cart? We tested it in Firefox without any issues, but will retest it.

Regards,

- Erik

laskercapa -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 2:26:35 AM)

Eric -- Screen shot attached (if I did it right). Windows 7. 1920x1080 screen. Display is set at 100% (not 125%, which is often the default, and can cause problems with many screens).

NavalNewZ -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 6:23:07 AM)

spam...?

Andrew Williams -> RE: New Site? (11/21/2010 6:41:42 AM)

quote:

Now it's Marc's turn to make a native iPhone app.

I think an Android App. is what's really needed.

Marc von Martial -> RE: New Site? (11/24/2010 1:49:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

quote:

Now it's Marc's turn to make a native iPhone app.

I think an Android App. is what's really needed.

We are all iPhone guys here at Matrix [:'(]
Except for Erik, he still is on a dial-operated telephone

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/24/2010 2:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

You thought you were joking, but I actually do have one in the other room. [8D]

JudgeDredd -> RE: New Site? (11/24/2010 8:27:21 PM)

Erik

Wanted to bring your attention to the PRODUCTS section of the new website. I'm sure it was displaying fine during the week, but at some point (I just noticed it now) - the products you offer seem to be going down instead of across the products bar

[image]local://upfiles/10786/AF83E51EDAFC4DAE9D0430551D3E379A.jpg[/image]

Erik Rutins -> RE: New Site? (11/24/2010 9:27:55 PM)

Yes, that just broke last night when we fixed the IE6/7 bug for the front page. Hope to have that side effect fixed tomorrow.

E -> RE: New Site? (11/24/2010 9:41:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

You thought you were joking, but I actually do have one in the other room. [8D]

Do you still have to remember the words for the first two digits of a phone number's prefix? *grin*

sabre1 -> RE: New Site? (11/26/2010 7:05:58 PM)

Some of the review links are giving the 404 error. For example the review for "A World Divided" linked to the Wargamer gives the error. Just thought you would like to know.

sabre1 -> RE: New Site? (11/26/2010 7:08:04 PM)

Will there, or is there a way to show all posts for the current day?

sabre1 -> RE: New Site? (11/28/2010 5:15:29 AM)

Well at least someone responded.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI