updates (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Field of Glory Series >> Tech Support

blow56 -> updates (11/28/2010 11:11:38 PM)

I recently bought FOG,tried the update and failed, read the forum and saw that the solution was to manually download 1.3.3 and get the New Improved Update.

Did that. Now the New Improved Update gets no further than the nice friendly letters 'Launching Client' and then sticks. Nor have I been impatient - I figure 30 minutes is long enough to wait.

I would re-install the patch save that I get a Nice Friendly Message telling me my key might not work subsequently.

This is not good.

IainMcNeil -> RE: updates (11/29/2010 9:51:24 AM)

I've replied in the other thread - there is no problem reinstalling the patch. There is never an isue with this. What message are you referring to? Our keys never expire - there is no DRM.

blow56 -> RE: updates (11/29/2010 1:04:10 PM)

I bought FOG and installed it. I then manually downloaded the patch 1.3.3 and installed it. The Update sticks on Launching Client. I then bought Storm of Arrows and installed it. The Update sticks on Launching Client. I thought of re-installing patch 1.3.3, but a message on it warns that I may lose the serial key if the original install was after the patch. I am concerned about Storm of Arrows and do not want to risk it.

Everything else works fine - just no Update. I am running on an AMD Athlon 64x 2 DCP 4600+, 2.41 Ghz, 2GB RAM, using XP 2002, Service Pack 3.

Seems I have painted myself into a corner.

]

IainMcNeil -> RE: updates (11/29/2010 6:45:07 PM)

I've just tested and the reason you see that message is because you're looking at the screen that says "You are already up to date". It gives the warning you refer to in smaller text underneath, and unless you are having problem sthere is no need to reinstall. What exactly is the issue you're seeing - have you tried running the game? The in game updater will get you to version 1.4.0 as we have not released an installer for that yet. Just run the game and click check for updates. Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

blow56 -> RE: updates (11/30/2010 12:39:13 PM)

We seem to talking in circles. I have installed FOG basic. I have installed to 1.3.3. downloading it manually. Regardless of how I try to log on to Updates, it gets no further than the words 'Launching Client'. I subsequently installed Storm of Arrows. Still the Update launcher, in or out of game, will not load. I then thought to reinstall the 1.3.3 patch, but was put off by the warning on the 'you are already up to date' which seems to suggest that, if I do, the key to Storm of Arrows may no longer work. If this is incorrect, then I may try to reinstall 1.3.3.

No matter how I log on to Update (in or out of game) it will not complete loading. As I have said already the rest of the game works perfectly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI