W7 and Resolution (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Freddy Fudpucker -> W7 and Resolution (12/2/2010 2:09:32 PM)

I changed my computer in January and recently decided to load up WiTP. i've had the game since release (2004?) but haven't had time to dedicate to playing in recent months.

So in XP everything was fine but in W7 the picture is stretched and grainy. This might be to do with resolution as my new PC has a 19" monitor screen. However, there is no option to alter resolution for the game. Is there any support/patch/advice that can get me up and running properly again? The game does play but the image is annoying.

jwilkerson -> RE: W7 and Resolution (12/4/2010 9:06:29 PM)

Well the short answer is that there is no means of altering the game resolution for WITP.

This being said, I have played WITP on large monitors for years without annoyance - so perhaps there is something different in your set up - but not enough data to tell for sure.

Exinfernis -> RE: W7 and Resolution (2/27/2011 3:42:15 AM)

Sort of a similar problem as the one outlined by Freddy, coming back to WitP after 3 years on a 18" laptop. Game runs fine, the image is clear but the whole map occupies roughly the center half of my screen - end result too tiny to view. Running Vista btw.

Anything I can do to fix my problem?

jwilkerson -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/10/2011 1:45:35 AM)

Well you could either run full screen (sounds like you aren't) or get a larger monitor!

BAR -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/16/2011 2:55:17 AM)

Is there some option we are not checking to get to fullscreen Jeff? When I had XP installed the game automatically seemed to fill the monitor, just installed Win 7 and have the black borders around the edges and it is not being run in windowed mode. Thanks for replying.

Exinfernis -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/19/2011 9:21:10 PM)

Exactly what I meant to ask BAR, failed to coin it as succinctly.

rtrapasso -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/20/2011 2:05:44 PM)

After installing a new monitor one day, i discovered a similar problem (things were stretched horizontally/compressed vertically)... even though the resolution for the game is set, you might be able to change the aspect ratios of your monitor to get things to look better... this took a couple of hours of trial and error on my part fiddling with the graphics drivers that came with the monitor.

Exinfernis -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/20/2011 9:21:23 PM)

Not really adept at techno-world, but by your input I surmise that there is no other way to make WitP appear full screen under Vista/W7? As per BAR's comment, upon re-installing the game after a couple of years (and off XP) my screen is black on the borders, leaving a smallish central area available for the game.

Would be welcome news if this problem can somehow be by-passed as I would need a magnifying glass to discern info there.

rtrapasso -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/20/2011 9:30:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Exinfernis

Not really adept at techno-world, but by your input I surmise that there is no other way to make WitP appear full screen under Vista/W7? As per BAR's comment, upon re-installing the game after a couple of years (and off XP) my screen is black on the borders, leaving a smallish central area available for the game.

Would be welcome news if this problem can somehow be by-passed as I would need a magnifying glass to discern info there.

See if you can play with the video drivers and the aspect ratios.. this would be outside the WITP program. I.e. - if you have an NVIDEO board, look to see if there is a program in an NVIDEO folder that you can access to play around with with width, etc. of the display.

Exinfernis -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/20/2011 10:39:43 PM)

Thanks for the tip rtrapasso, will check it out.

Exinfernis -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/21/2011 2:24:59 PM)

Happy Admiral here reporting success with tampering aspects ratio. Full screen established.

Many thanks.

rtrapasso -> RE: W7 and Resolution (3/22/2011 12:27:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Exinfernis

Happy Admiral here reporting success with tampering aspects ratio. Full screen established.

Many thanks.

Good news!! [:)]

ChickenOfTheSea -> RE: W7 and Resolution (4/6/2011 4:56:24 PM)

Most new wide screen monitors have video mode and PC mode. Often the video mode is default. Usually somewhere in the monitor settings you can switch between modes. If you switch to PC mode you should be able to swtich between resolutions easier and the aspect ratio should be correct. The trick is finding that switch on your monitor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI