CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

Schanilec -> CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/3/2010 9:32:05 PM)

Two and a half years! And I just discover this now! To much time on CMBB, SH IV and WitP-AE (My lastest fave).

Well I have to have this.

First a couple of quick questions.

1) Does the CD come with all updated patch?

and 2) Will the scenario downloads from the earlier Talonsoft be compatible with the new version?

Thanks,[&o]

Jason Petho -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/3/2010 9:50:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

1) Does the CD come with all updated patch?

It should be up to the 1.04 UPDATE. But if not, you can download the latest UPDATE from here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/318/downloads/

quote:

2) Will the scenario downloads from the earlier Talonsoft be compatible with the new version?

Thanks,[&o]

All earlier scenarios and campaigns are compatible.

Hope that helps

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/3/2010 10:53:19 PM)

Yes it does. And it works with Vista. This is great.

Thanks for your assistance.

Now off for home and then tonights hockey game.

Can't wait for CS to arrive.

Merry Christmas to me.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/3/2010 10:54:22 PM)

Oh, forgot to ask.

What is the free download I just downloaded?

Thanks again.

Jason Petho -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/4/2010 12:15:40 AM)

quote:

Oh, forgot to ask.

What is the free download I just downloaded?

Thanks again.

I'm not sure what you downloaded?

What is the file called?

Jason Petho

Bison36 -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/5/2010 8:01:44 AM)

Schanilec

First of all welcome to the Matrix boards. Second GO FIGHTING SIOUX!!!! (They will always be the Fighting Sioux to this proud UND alumni) Third I suspect the free download you're asking about is the game itself. If you buy the disc, you also get a "free" digital download of the game to start playing right away.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 2:38:02 PM)

Thanks.

JohnTillerCampaignSeries-SetupRelease-V1DR.exe

Ah, Digital Download. Cool. Still can't wait for the hard copy to arrive.

Sioux really gave it to the SCSU Huskies. 3-1 Friday. 6-2 Saturday. 5 goals in the first 9:00 into the game. Next weekend at Mankato State.

Thanks again.

junk2drive -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 2:45:35 PM)

Sounds like you paid for the box copy and you get to download the installer while you wait. The box comes with a CD with the same installer.

My son is out of the AF and down in Phoenix going to school. We still keep track of some of his buddies in Minot through Facebook.

Matto -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 2:59:08 PM)

Welcome on the board ... we are playing CS many many and many years and it is still fun !!! [8D]
Btw from where is your family? You have nice Czech name ... [;)]

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 3:12:50 PM)

Junk2drive,
Good to hear from you again. It's been awhile. I hope your son has good memories of North Dakota. I suspect he'll never experience cold like he had up here ever again.
Pretty nice today. 0 out and a light snow. And NO WIND!

I'll have to remember to get my flash drive at noon. And install this evening.

Anything new with CS? I saw a few new scenarios and Nationalities. Not that it matters. I'll know soon enough.

junk2drive -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 3:24:05 PM)

Actually he misses it. His buddy got a deer already and he misses the hunting and fishing. We have that here but not the same. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back when school gets out in March.
I heard on a radio talk program that ND has lots of jobs and the mining jobs pay very well. We have snowbird friends from Devil's Lake that keep us informed too.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 4:17:15 PM)

The hunting and fishing is great. Plus our land west of here. That pretty much keeps me here. That and I've lived here all my life.
Deer was tough to find in our area this year. To many Cyotes. 
There is mining. The biggest now is oil. #4 in US production and rising.
And they pay a butt load of money. I have a couple of buddies out there.
In the winter Arizona pretty much turns into South North Dakota. I know quite a few people that head there every winter or just retired there. I gotta get down there again. Starting pretty soon will be the $79.00 flights to Vegas and sometimes lower. Then rent a car and head to Lake Havasu. Where another buddies folks have a place.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 4:28:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matto

Welcome on the board ... we are playing CS many many and many years and it is still fun !!! [8D]
Btw from where is your family? You have nice Czech name ... [;)]

Originally. Pisek south of Prague. Or Bohemia when our family came over in the early 20th century. To Pisek, North Dakota. Quite a large group of Czechs here. Grecier's, Dvorak's, Novak's, Kresel's (Tabor area), Tibert's, our family and many more.

What area are you in?

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 9:21:58 PM)

Blast! Can't find my flash drive. Just saw it Thursday. I'll just have to wait for the game to arrive in the mail. Should be this week.

Jason Petho -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 10:14:13 PM)

quote:

Blast! Can't find my flash drive. Just saw it Thursday. I'll just have to wait for the game to arrive in the mail. Should be this week.

Check your pockets?

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/6/2010 11:04:19 PM)

It's somewhere. But where? I'm the picture of organization[8|]. It might be in the freezer[:D].

Matto -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/7/2010 9:13:41 AM)

quote:

Originally. Pisek south of Prague. Or Bohemia when our family came over in the early 20th century. To Pisek, North Dakota. Quite a large group of Czechs here. Grecier's, Dvorak's, Novak's, Kresel's (Tabor area), Tibert's, our family and many more.

What area are you in?

I'm from Prague and living there still [8D] But my wife family is from Pisek and like your family, part of family migrated to America early 20th century and actually live in Peru ... we are still in contact

If somebody from your around is able read Czech, I have web pages about JTCS, where are many reports from battles and from our "Panzer sraz" meetings, where we are playing it in group online ... check:
http://www.tanciky.cz ... general pages
http://www.tanciky.cz/27/srazy/ ... reports from meetings ... use menu on left side, one up is button "o úroveň výš"

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/7/2010 2:42:14 PM)

Your English is much better than my Czech. Our family's spoken Czech is almost non-existant since Grandma and others have passed on. A few people in Pisek and surrounding area still speak Bohemian quite well. I need to get a language book. There was alot of Bohemian spoken when I was a kid. I still have some Czech meals though. Jaternice and sour cream chicken soup are the best. And those are fading with the younger kids. Czech days are celebrated in the Pisek and Tabor each year. Quite a good time.
Your wife is from Pisek. What was her maiden name?

Just got a post this morning. CS is on the way. Maybe the 11th. Now the race is on. Will I find my flash drive before the game arrives. Or will I be dashed to bits on the jagged rocks below. Stay tuned.

Matto -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/7/2010 3:06:18 PM)

quote:

Your wife is from Pisek. What was her maiden name?

Remar ... I think people from Pisek must know this name. Her grand-grandfather had there huge factory ...

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/7/2010 3:42:01 PM)

And my family probably worked there.[:D]

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 4:18:29 PM)

Found the flash drive.
Now if I can manage not to lose it between work and home I'm set.
Now where are those keys?

Jason Petho -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 5:13:44 PM)

quote:

Found the flash drive.
Now if I can manage not to lose it between work and home I'm set.
Now where are those keys?

*fingers crossed*

Good luck!

Jason Petho

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 7:20:06 PM)

Just Brilliant!

Got home at lunch, started loading. And I forgot the serial number at work. The Bright side. Something to look forward to after work.
Hard copy should be here any day now.
Downloaded a scenario list the other day. Is that correct that there are over 500 scenarios? I guess between the three, that is about average. And I downloaded a butt load of scenarios off the Blitz.
I should be good to go. Play WitP-AE and in between interphases play CS. Good plan I say. Unless I lock myself out of the house.

Thanks,

Jason Petho -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 8:19:37 PM)

quote:

Just Brilliant!

Got home at lunch, started loading. And I forgot the serial number at work. The Bright side. Something to look forward to after work.
Downloaded a scenario list the other day. Is that correct that there are over 500 scenarios? I guess between the three, that is about average. And I downloaded a butt load of scenarios off the Blitz.
I should be good to go. Play WitP-AE and in between interphases play CS. Good plan I say. Unless I lock myself out of the house.

Thanks,

Do NOT add all of the custom scenarios at once that you downloaded.

Add a few and check the game to make sure it works. The downloads may be missing a file which will cause the game to crash.

Jason Petho

junk2drive -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 8:31:56 PM)

I use hotmail since it doesn't change when I change ISPs. I have a folder set in hotmail for forum passwords and game serial numbers. When I get the email with the number I save it to that folder. Then I can access it anywhere.

Can you access the email that you received? Try the members area, your serials are kept there too.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 9:19:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

quote:

Just Brilliant!

Thanks,

Do NOT add all of the custom scenarios at once that you downloaded.

Add a few and check the game to make sure it works. The downloads may be missing a file which will cause the game to crash.

Jason Petho

Yep. I remember that from my original Campaign Series and Combat Mission Series. Much more careful this time around.
And what Scenarios come with the game should keep me off the streets for awhile. Grand Forks thanks you.[&o]

Thanks.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 9:23:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I use hotmail since it doesn't change when I change ISPs. I have a folder set in hotmail for forum passwords and game serial numbers. When I get the email with the number I save it to that folder. Then I can access it anywhere.

Can you access the email that you received? Try the members area, your serials are kept there too.

Yes?

I'm trying to figure out what you had said.
I have e-mail here. But not at home.

Me no smart computer talkie.

junk2drive -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 9:45:43 PM)

I take it you used a company email address to order the game and you can't access that at home.

Get yourself a hotmail or yahoo or gmail account and forward the confirmation email to yourself from work to the address you can access at home.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/8/2010 10:31:26 PM)

No e-mail at home. And the IT guys keep us on a pretty tight leash. Since they have been changing our server. Some of us have slipped the leash. We can at least access non-work related websites.
So I'll just need to be careful. I can usually open a zipped scenario and most of the time see if will work.

Schanilec -> RE: CS SERIES IS BACK!!! (12/9/2010 4:19:34 PM)

Free download only works here. Can't take it home. And now I wait. Tick...tick...tick...tick....[sm=innocent0001.gif][:@][sm=innocent0001.gif][:@][sm=innocent0001.gif]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI