Long-time lurker buying this one (3) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps

fsp -> Long-time lurker buying this one (3) (12/4/2010 11:38:23 PM)

Hi all,

I just felt the need to share why I started posting here after lurking for years. I am just so excited about three upcoming games that I felt to document my support for this company and the relevant games. All three are sure buys.

1) Panzer Corps
Panzer General was the game that got me started in war-gaming. I was only 15 at the time, but god how I loved that game. Back then, I thought this was very realistically portraiting WWII. I did especially feel so when my armies just went short of taking Moscow due to mud and snow in my first campaign attempt :-). Somehow, I never doubted the game's realism despite dropping paratroopers behind the lines and then buying tank units there... oh well...

I also do appreciate rudankort's decision to stick with the scale of PG1. While I did like PG2, it really felt epic to play operations like Stalingrad or Low Countries, compared to unclimatic operations like "Klin".

There is one issue I want to raise. In PG1, you often had only one viable route if you wanted a major victory. I would love for PC to have several routes open as options in the different scenarios.

Also, I loved the twisted campaign tree so much and really did not like the "win scenario or lose game" choice that was made for much of PG2. Let me lose a scenario and put me on the defense or make the road tougher for me!

2) Panzer Command Ostfront

I never liked the Panzer Command: Winterstorm demo enough to buy the game. Was too busy to check out Kharkov. But I have always been an avid gamer of CM:BB (don't like the new CM engine...). But the huge list of updates for Ostfront and the sensible pricing made this one very interesting for me. It was a sell once I noticed that it does have campaigns, something I have always missed for CM (sad to see CM Campaigns die...). So, definitely getting this one.

3) GG War in the East

I don't need to use much words for this. After starting off on PG, I turned to more serious stuff over the years. Ended up with WIR (Matrix Edition). First put off by the terrible graphics and the very, very unconventional interface. Once I got the hang of things, I found it rather beautiful. One of the most brilliant game I have every played, though all of my non-believing FPS-playing friendy have never understood it. I have a friend that kinda likes wargames, but for him it does not go deeper than PG, CIV or Total War. A tank has to be a tank on the map for him. Show him a game like WIR, and he does not like it ("Oh, again, crosses and circles, that is not a game. I need to see my tanks and men..."). Digressing here... Anyways, unfortunately I later found out that the AI is quite easy to beat in WIR after w a while, tough I got my ass handed to me in the first games. Never really dared to go PBEM, as I figured I would be utterly crushed by all the pros out there. Maybe a big mistake. I intend to make good on this now. I will PBEM, even though I will probably stand no chance. But I like a challenge and like to fight on the defense as well (also very much like the fact that there will be server based PBEM. I trust the wargaming community a lot, but it is always good to KNOW that this all to perfect last turn of your opponent CANNOT have been a cheat...)

WitE is a dream come true. AARs and info here on the forum look perfect. I know I will be playing this forever. And the other plans with a WitW game and maybe a combination sound very, very promising as well.

Again, it may seem stupid or redundant to post in all three sub-forums, but I am not sure if every developer reads every forum and I wanted them all to know that there games are already sold for me. Also, I feel this might give you guys a little bit of background for me, as I want to become active in PBEMs.

IainMcNeil -> RE: Long-time lurker buying this one (3) (12/6/2010 9:42:45 AM)

Glad you are looking forwards to what is coming. If you like this type of thing check out Battlefield Academy, which is already available. It is likely to be right up your street :)

ccsdc83 -> RE: Long-time lurker buying this one (3) (12/6/2010 1:35:42 PM)

Will they ever release a demo for Battlefield Academy?

I sure hope one will be released for Panzer Corps.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI