buy on release? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

bairdlander2 -> buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:24:17 PM)

Buy on release or wait for first impressions?

typhoon -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:26:21 PM)

Got a feeling this one will break the servers when the release goes up.

jjdenver -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:28:54 PM)

Sadly I don't think any TBS (turn-based strategy) games, particularly deep, big TBS games ever "break servers" haha.

This is a niche market sold to a niche crowd. However I do hope it makes some money for the companies involved at least.

AZKGungHo -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:35:22 PM)

I'm in when it's up for sale!

Spechtmeise -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:36:47 PM)

@bairdlander

you buy on release, I'll wait for your impressions. How's that?

animaluk -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:41:51 PM)

I want it now[:D]

Zemke -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 7:46:08 PM)

Do what you want, I know this will be the best Eastern Front Operational Simulation ever, it has been too long for it not to be.

blastpop -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 8:10:10 PM)

I probably won't be around when it goes up. I will probably read some consumer comments and then decide when to pull the trigger. Most likely a buy, but I do enjoy researching purchases to death... as my wife says. [:D]

Adam Parker -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:01:48 PM)

LOL. Has anyone clicked a link and tried to buy the screenshot pack [:D]

I thought it was the game!

Mannock -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:05:12 PM)

For me, it's a buy on release. I know what I need to know to buy it without waiting for reviews and other comments.

AlesMrak -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:07:36 PM)

I'm buying on release, period.

br.
Dr.Jones

Tophat1815 -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:08:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stratocruiser

@bairdlander

you buy on release, I'll wait for your impressions. How's that?

Done! I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts after the tutorial. I have been on the back burner regarding wargaming for several months due to health issues and a vision problem. Things have finally improved and a game I have been long awaiting is due to release,you bet I'm getting it release day one. If it comes out on the 7th t can be the perfect anniversary gift,for me that is.[:D]

kirkgregerson -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:19:37 PM)

I've already bought this game in my dreams many times before today.  [;)]
You can bet I'll be buying it ASAP when it releases.  I've been a huge fan of GG and JB way back when they were making games at SSI.  Did I mention I'm a big fan of GG and JB, just not in a stalking way.  [:D]

There it goes again, my credit card keeps jumping out of my wallet every time I mention WitE.  [:'(]

wmcalpine -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:24:47 PM)

Kirkgregerson,

I am in the same boat with my credit card. Perhaps we can set up a PBEM after the new year. I yearn for a little revenge (I know, not very probable) after you kicked my backside in out last AT game.

Bill

ratdeath -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:26:46 PM)

I'll buy it on release!
Even if it might need a patch or two it's worth it and I think the games Matrix sell have a good track record of getting patches and support after release (and long after).

warspite1 -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:26:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Buy on release or wait for first impressions?

Warspite1

Definite buy on release - no question about it [:)]

kirkgregerson -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:31:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wmcalpine

Kirkgregerson,

I am in the same boat with my credit card. Perhaps we can set up a PBEM after the new year. I yearn for a little revenge (I know, not very probable) after you kicked my backside in out last AT game.

Bill

Sounds good to me. Well good to know I did well in some AT games, mostly remember getting my butt kicked around the block and back. First of the year sounds good as it will give us time to get through learning curve a bit. Now I just need to figure out how to hack into my HR dept db and add another zero to the end of my vac hrs. [:D]

Vasquez -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 9:49:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr.Jones

I'm buying on release, period.

+1

fsp -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:12:39 PM)

Ready to click F5 several times tomorrow and the day after until I can buy :-)

Lützow -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:20:25 PM)

The East Front fascinated me from when I was a 14-years-old boy and my grand uncle (grandpa got KIA 1945 near Danziger Bucht) told me about his reminiscences from Russia, the ice cold nights, heavy fights and how they made fire under their tanks to unfreeze the motor. We had no Cosims here back then, but I devoured the books from Carell, Manstein, Guderian and 'reenacted' by drawing maps and utilizing toy soldiers. [:D]

I also never got to play WiR, so cannot draw comparisons, but my expectations are set very high in regard to a worthy 'successor' of the never released Road to Moscow and what Grigsby delivered in the heyday of his monster games (the era from BoB until WitP). That said, now the WitE release is imminent, I still worry a bit about the level of detail and micro management is deep enough and not sacrificed for greater 'accessibility', like we saw in later 2by3 productions. The price is only a minor concern for me, however, everything else but the mother of all East Front games, solely to be topped from a Fieldmarshall's Edition, would be a let-down.

On the other hand I have faith into the beta tester verdicts and of course Mr. Grigsby's extraordinary design skills. So I'm going to buy WitE immediately after release.

G.Boggon -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:25:36 PM)

Buy ASAP or before

hgilmer3 -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:30:16 PM)

Yes, I'm buying on release.  I trust Matrix and I trust Gary Grigsby to produce an excellent game. I like the material and I have read a lot of the AARs to know that this game will probably be special.

OldSarge -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:44:23 PM)

This is a buy on release for me. I've been following this game with interest since it was first announced and like how it has shaped out. The AARs look good and the game seems to have that polish to it that says it is going to be a classic.

Like many others here, I have been wargaming for a long time and the games that I still enjoy playing can trace their roots back to the old SSI days and have Gary's name all over them. [8D] This one will be a nice replacement for WiR!

Regards...

JudgeDredd -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:46:47 PM)

Buy on release. Hearing the game will be priced in the region of WitP:AE, and seeing the dedication that's gone into it, there's no reason not to buy on release for me.

Just the price + tax + physical + postage - these determine whether I get the physical or digital only (and do for every other game from Matrix I buy actually)

kfmiller41 -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:55:46 PM)

buy for sure, been an eastern front fan for years and this game fits right into a void of strategic games on this front.

Manstein63 -> RE: buy on release? (12/6/2010 11:56:39 PM)

I intend to get this game asap then challenge PyleDriver to a PBEM & watch in horror as his Panzers Drive towards Stalingrad in the winter of 1941 [X(]
(well maybe not until I have played the AI on hard a few times)
Manstein63

Schmart -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 12:10:04 AM)

I already have my planning staff working on the details for a German south front strategy, so for me it's buy on release! (or as soon as I get home from work, whichever occurs first on that day). I feel like I'm 8 years old on christmas eve again [:)]

Tokugawa -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 12:16:45 AM)

Buy on release here. Been waiting for a game like this for years now.

abulbulian -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 12:26:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

The East Front fascinated me from when I was a 14-years-old boy and my grand uncle (grandpa got KIA 1945 near Danziger Bucht) told me about his reminiscences from Russia, the ice cold nights, heavy fights and how they made fire under their tanks to unfreeze the motor. We had no Cosims here back then, but I devoured the books from Carell, Manstein, Guderian and 'reenacted' by drawing maps and utilizing toy soldiers. [:D]

I also never got to play WiR, so cannot draw comparisons, but my expectations are set very high in regard to a worthy 'successor' of the never released Road to Moscow and what Grigsby delivered in the heyday of his monster games (the era from BoB until WitP). That said, now the WitE release is imminent, I still worry a bit about the level of detail and micro management is deep enough and not sacrificed for greater 'accessibility', like we saw in later 2by3 productions. The price is only a minor concern for me, however, everything else but the mother of all East Front games, solely to be topped from a Fieldmarshall's Edition, would be a let-down.

On the other hand I have faith into the beta tester verdicts and of course Mr. Grigsby's extraordinary design skills. So I'm going to buy WitE immediately after release.

Wow, lucky you to be able to chat with somebody that fought on the eastern front. Is he still alive? I'd pay for a call to chat with him if he was willing. My Deutsch is a bit rusty if he doesn't speak English. My grandfather trained fighter pilots for the USAF during WWII. Later in life he opened his own flight school and actually hired a Luftwaffe Ace that had flown some of the special later war rocket fighters. He said the guy wasn't afraid to fly in any weather. Guess after years on the Russian front, weather condition might hardly phase those hardened vets. Also had a great Uncle that died in ranger battalion assaulting Point-Du-Hoc early on D-Day. Sad he didn't make it and wasn't able to share his stories. [:(]

I've read Mainstein's memoirs too and was fascinated by what was going on with the war in the east. I know it was a nightmare in reality for those that had to live through it. The brutality was on an epic scale, but the battles that were fought and the men and equipment involved is just incredible to imagine. If all future wars could just be played out on a computer simulation, how wonderful a world would it be.

Buying ASAP and can't wait just like all the others!

hgilmer3 -> RE: buy on release? (12/7/2010 1:01:25 AM)

I want to take off work tomorrow, but I don't want to and then it not be available.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI