Full screen? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support

pvthudson01 -> Full screen? (12/8/2010 2:06:54 AM)

When I launch the game it is still in windowed mode. Windows 7 64 bit. Did I miss a setting somewhere? I can make it full screen window but i was looking for full screen normal, where I dont see my taskbar at the bottom of the screen etc etc

Helpless -> RE: Full screen? (12/8/2010 2:29:33 AM)

No full screen. You may need to hide task bar if you have y=768.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Full screen? (12/8/2010 2:41:08 AM)

Maximizing the window is the way to do full screen.

Graycompany -> RE: Full screen? (12/8/2010 2:47:29 AM)

Pvthudson01, On windows 7, Right click the taskbar, select properties, check autohide taskbar......this will drop it down below the screen, yet if you want it, just move the cursor to the bottom it will display then, not as good as window, but better then not.

pvthudson01 -> RE: Full screen? (12/8/2010 2:48:16 AM)

Ok thanks just wasnt sure if I had something messed up

apd1004 -> RE: Full screen? (12/9/2010 1:38:25 PM)

FWIW, I actually like it not running in full screen. Makes it easier to transition between the game and the manual. Some games don't like alt-tab from within full screen mode.

pvthudson01 -> RE: Full screen? (12/9/2010 2:11:47 PM)

I like it now too actually. Helps when I have the PDF open beside the window

dalejr33 -> RE: Full screen? (12/10/2010 3:22:19 AM)

a full screen option would be nice to have, but since there doesn't seem to be one, is there a way to get the game to remember the window size and position?

Apollo11 -> RE: Full screen? (12/10/2010 8:27:13 AM)

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: dalejr33

a full screen option would be nice to have, but since there doesn't seem to be one, is there a way to get the game to remember the window size and position?

Currently no... but the biggest possible WitE is just one mouse click away...

Leo "Apolo11"

John Neal -> RE: Full screen? (10/6/2011 11:36:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

When I launch the game it is still in windowed mode. Windows 7 64 bit. Did I miss a setting somewhere? I can make it full screen window but i was looking for full screen normal, where I dont see my taskbar at the bottom of the screen etc etc

Thank you. I couldn't access the bottom line of the game without it. I guess I might have also resolved the problem by changing some y-coordinate parameter in Windows. (as per another poster on this thread. Thanks to him/her also.)

Rom3l -> RE: Full screen? (10/7/2011 12:19:09 AM)

http://www.aviassin.com/taskbareliminator

JayTac -> RE: Full screen? (10/31/2011 10:27:40 PM)

Has this been "fixed" yet. I know this might sound trivial, but this is a bit of a game killer for me. Even if you hide the task bar, you still have the border at the top.

gingerbread -> RE: Full screen? (11/1/2011 2:53:49 AM)

Move the taskbar to the right side of the screen.Right click & drag.

JiminyJickers -> RE: Full screen? (1/6/2012 7:47:19 AM)

Thats a shame, just bought it and would love a full screen option, there is not a single game that I play in windowed mode and it is quite annoying.

It is the kind of thing that would make me not buy a game but for this game I will try and get used to it.

demyansk -> RE: Full screen? (1/6/2012 11:02:03 AM)

I just click on the little box and make it full screen.

Can you guys answer this question,  -  How do you get rid of the introduction screens in which I have to press the spacebar 3 times to get game going?

elmo3 -> RE: Full screen? (1/6/2012 11:23:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

...Can you guys answer this question,  -  How do you get rid of the introduction screens in which I have to press the spacebar 3 times to get game going?

Go into the ...\Dat\video folder. Rename the two intro files and the War_in_the_East file to something else. Don't rename the three victory screen files though.

JiminyJickers -> RE: Full screen? (1/6/2012 11:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

I just click on the little box and make it full screen.

It's not full screen, I dont want to see the windows bar a at the top and I dont want to see the border around the window, hiding the taskbar is possible but it is a pain for web browsing etc.

Ah well, its been out for over a year and I don't see them adding a full screen option, it seems silly cause it would possibly loose a few sales here and there. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew about this beforehand, I hate not having fullscreen on games.

I'll just accept it and now try and learn to play the game, haha.

francescoperrone -> RE: Full screen? (3/18/2015 10:04:37 AM)

this is quite old , but can't we get a full screen option like in war in the west?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI